Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Pick 'Em, Week 13

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
    Packers defense is just pure comedy
    And makes us Packer fans want to puke.

Pathetic performance on both sides of the ball.

Sarr Koon
    Originally posted by Figrin D'an
    And makes us Packer fans want to puke.

Pathetic performance on both sides of the ball.
    Agree. They are stinking it up right now.

JMK
    Geez if I didn't know any better I'd feel good about being a Dolphins fan after watching this horrific Packer performance.

But I'm sure they'll still meet in the NFC title game and the Pack will win.

Doesn't matter the Patriots will kill whoever makes it out of the NFC. The NFC is just way inferior right now. It looks like the AFC is going to be domiant like the NFC was for all those years.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Originally posted by JMK
    But I'm sure they'll still meet in the NFC title game and the Pack will win.
    Given how the Eagles have choked in the playoffs in recent years, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    Doesn't matter the Patriots will kill whoever makes it out of the NFC. The NFC is just way inferior right now. It looks like the AFC is going to be domiant like the NFC was for all those years.
    If the Pats make it out of the AFC. They can beaten, as was shown, and if they have to face Pit again, or even Indy, they'll be hard pressed.

Sarr Koon
    Packers are lucky because the Vikings also managed to lose the Bears, haha. Good news for all Packer fans

Rosenberger would never outdo Brady in a championship game. I also not convienced of Indy. There is no way they can win in the snow in New England.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    Rosenberger would never outdo Brady in a championship game. I also not convienced of Indy. There is no way they can win in the snow in New England.

Roethlisberger. Say it with me. Roeth-lis-ber-ger.

The Pats aren't a sure thing. They're good, but they have been beaten. Combine that with Pittsburg looking a lot like the Pats (finding ways to win), Indy's offensive machine, a Jets teams getting healthy down the stretch and the upstart San Diego Chargers, there is plenty of competition for New England to face in the AFC playoffs.

JMK
    It's true that the Pats will have their hands full, whether they face Pittsburgh, Indy or the Jets.
    That being said, the Pats always have the intangibles in their favor come January. The weather, home field. Whoever they play will give them a run for their money, but as usual, the X factors will take away from the other teams while not having much effect on the Pats. They'll continue to do what they do and force others to change their ways.

I believe Pittsburgh has by far the best chance to beat the Pats, even at Foxboro. They have a dominant running game with 2 huge backs that will punish you over and over and over again. The big question for them is will Big Ben be able to make the his throws when he has to? If he can, things may just take care of themselves because the Steelers are just as used to the cold as the Pats are. Roethlisberger's inexperience may be their big snafu.

As for the Colts...well I don't have much faith in them to beat anyone outside in the playoffs, let alone the Patriots. Their defense is mediocre at best, and that's against teams like the Lions. The offense will be subject to very adverse conditions, not to mention what is probably the most complicated defense in the NFL.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

Pittsburgh didn't look too invincible last night... and that was in Jacksonville, they will be demolished in New England or even Indy.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS

No matter who Jacksonville playes, they almost always keep their games close, and have them decided in the last minutes of play.

Indy will not win on the road against Pittsburg or New England. Sure they won in Kansas City but that was because KC defense was worst than Indy's . The Jets won't go that far in the playoffs. Sure I think the AFC Championship game will come down to New England and Pittsburg I just think the Patriots are the better team overall.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I'll tabluate this weeks results tomorrow sometime. I'm not exactly feeling up to it at the moment.

JMK
    How would you like to be Mike Holmgren today? The heat was already on, and your team just blew a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go. Your QB and RB are doing everything expected of them, yet the collapse continues. Do you think he's feeling the pressure yet?

jjwr
    Holmgren is done, as are the Seahawks.

As for the Pats, I don't even need to argue the point as JMC is doing it so well for me!

The guys are on a roll, everyone has been saying "well the Steelers did beat them..."...sure...it took them losing two of their best players, hugely altered game plan and quite a few uncharacteristic turnovers for it to happen. You win 21 straight and your bound to lay an egg.

Steelers are winning, you can't deny that, the games have been close and they just seem to pull them out, just like the Pats had done in the past. First 6 games of the Season thats what the Pats were doing, winning but winning close, they lost a game and then...uh oh...now they are blowing people out, by the tune of 162-65 in their last 5 games. Pats are getting better...and this is with their top 3 CB's missing!

I'll be the first to say to win in the Playoffs they need the Ty's back, they have been getting by but if they have to play the Colts with their current secondary they would be in trouble, with their secondary healthy and the way the team is rolling and Dillon running I don't see them losing another game this year.

I agree, that is the way I see and I am not the big Pats fan here

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Week 13 Results

Syren Wyssholt: 10-6
    Sarr Koon: 9-7
    Nathanial K'cansce: 11-5
    Yoghurt: 12-4
    Figrin D'an: 9-7
    Jedieb: 10-6
    Jedi Master Carr: 10-6
    JMK: 11-5
    Ryan Pode: 11-5
    jjwr: 10-6