Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning from Our Pasts (Lillian, Wei)

Quay'Na Rakai
    Quay nodded. "Yes, I feel equally blessed to have him in my life, as will my son."

Lillian Snow
    "I wonder if he knows what a great person he is, or how much he helps the Order, not just us?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Wei had entered the fountain room expecting to find it empty. Most Padawans nowadays preferred the loud noisy Coruscant streets to peace and quiet. Not to mention they would much rather hone their Jedi skills by fighting than by simple meditation.

It was a pleasant surprise to find two Padawans here.

"Hi, ladies," he said cordially. "Lillian, Quay'Na. I hope I'm not intruding."

Quay'Na Rakai
    Quay smiled at the arrival of her master. "Not at all, Master Wei." She gave him a bow of her head as an added greeting.

She looked over to Lillian and nodded. "I would hope he knows and if not then, perhaps we could fill him in?"

Lillian Snow
    "We could?" she repeats. Titian reachs for the Knight with a smile and squeal. He knows this man, and he likes him. Lillian stands, feet nervously shuffling, and holds out her baby boy. "He really likes you, doesn't he?" she mumbles, feeling embarrassed by his sudden appearance.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei took this to mean he was allowed to hold onto Titian, and gently lifted him out of his mother's hands.

"It would appear that way," he said, cradling the baby's rump in the crook of his left arm, while supporting his back with the right one.

"How are you today?" Wei asked, bouncing Titian lightly. He chuckled and played with Titian a little before saying to his mother, "Your conversation is your own business. You know I would never ask you to do something you're not comfortable doing."

Quay'Na Rakai
    "Well, I'm comfortable with it, Master and I just want you to know that since my return, I've never had anyone want to be so kind and caring of my well-being as you. I...and Aramis thank you from the deepest of our hearts." Quay smiled after she told him this, not in the least embarrassed for saying so.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei sat down on the edge of the fountain and put Titian on his knees, and bounced the baby boy for a minute.

"You're welcome," he said simply, and let the infant slide down his legs to sit on the tops of his feet. Then Wei gently pulled the baby back up onto his knees.

Lillian Snow
    "I...I agree with Quay'na," Lilly murmurs. "You're the only person in the whole Order who has consistently been there to help my troubles. I owe you an enormous debt of gratitude."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei shrugged and smiled, but never took his eyes off Titian.

"It's what I'm here for," he said simply. "Helping my children is what I do best."

Wei blew a raspberry at Titian and slid the infant down his legs again. Then the Knight pulled him back up to his knees. "Trot a little horsey down to town...better watch out or you might fall down!" He slid Titian down his legs on the word "down."

Quay'Na Rakai
    Quay'Na watched her master with Titan, she hoped one day her son would look up to him as she did. She wanted everything to be so perfect for Aramis and it would be.

She smiled as thought of her son being there in only a little more time. In no time at all, Aramis would be wrapped up and settling himself in her loving arms.

The Padawan couldn't wait until that day.

Lillian Snow
    "What do you mean, children?" Lillian asks. "You're not talking about Titian, are you?"

The only other option she can think of, strangely enough, is that Wei might be indicating Quay'na and herself.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei continued to bounce Titian on his knee. "Well, Titian is one of my children, yes. But also the Padawans in my life are like my children. Not to make you sound like babies, because you're not. It's just that as a Knight, teacher, and Council member, I find it enormously satisfying to watch you all learn and grow in your Force talents and to see how your attitudes have changed and you have matured all around."

Quay'Na Rakai
    "That's a very interesting concept, Master Wei. I'll have to remember that when I'm a teacher." Quay comments thoughtfully.

Lillian Snow
    Lillian shrugs lightly. "I suppose it makes sense." She doesn't like the idea of being treated as a child, though. It's her life story, and she's had it almost. Titian grabs a slobbery handful of Wei's shirt and waves it, burbling quietly at the fabric and looking wide-eyed at all the adults.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

If Wei noticed the wet spot on his shirt, he didn't show it.

"Well, it's not like I view you two the way I view Titian here. You are all growing up and going out on your own. I guess I see you all as children who are on your own. Still mine, but very independent. I don't tell you what to do or where to go with your free time. I just teach you a little and trust that you know what to do when the time comes."

Quay'Na Rakai
    "I think Aramis will keep me busy enough, that maybe trouble won't come looking, Master." Quay smiles.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

[insert vespa picture]

Wei shrugged. "He'll be a little bundle of joys, to be sure," he said.

"But he'll also be his own little bundle of troubles. Taking care of a baby is very inconveniencing for a mother. Isn't that right, Lillian?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12