Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First pictures of the Fantastic Four in costume

ReaperFett

First pictures of the Fantastic Four in costume

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6445

Thing looks great, plus we get the full-on Chilkis

Reed looks perfect, Johnny isn't blonde but that doesn't bother me. Alba I'm hopeful on.

I like the costumes

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Jenny
    Jessica Alba hot damn!

Thing = wahey

Darth McBain
    Ooh yeah - Jessica Alba is looking zesty there... They all look pretty good...

JMK
    So far so good. Thing looks better than I was expecting!

Still I am boycotting this movie, they casted a TV actor for Doom, that was horrible, the guy can't act. I am sorry I have no interest in this movie. I will take Batman over this in a hearbeat. Heck Batman will kick F4's butt.

JMK
    Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Batman wins in a heartbeat no matter how good F4 looks. I didn't know they had casted Doom, it's pretty disappointing that they cast a nobody.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    Still I am boycotting this movie, they casted a TV actor for Doom, that was horrible, the guy can't act. I am sorry I have no interest in this movie. I will take Batman over this in a hearbeat. Heck Batman will kick F4's butt.
    Julian McMahon plays a villain well. I'm not sure he has the presence to pull off the good Doctor, but I certainly wouldn't discredit him just because he isn't some big-name Hollywood star.

Well true but Doom should be played by a big actor, you need somebody with presense which I don't think he has. To me this movie is dead on arrival especially since it looks War of the Worlds will be coming out the same weekend.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Who knows, this performance might proove that McMahon can handle a role this big. At least one thing is certain- he'll do a better job than the guy in the last attempt to make a F4 movie.

ReaperFett
    Olé!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Skiing the slippery slopes

I'm looking forward to McMahon's role as Doom. I think he plays a superb villain, and that he will pull this off well. I have faith in him. [/Cole from charmed fan]

And he's probably the only reason why I'm going to the movie. And i hope it beats out War of The Worlds. They should have never remade that movie...EVER. The original will always be the best.

Shawn
    I sat here and tried to think of who would make a good Dr. Doom. It took me all of about 5 seconds to decide: Simon Templeman. No, seriously. Since Doom should be behind a mask the entire movie (or close to it), you need someone with a commanding voice, who's accustomed to conveying their character's emotions without the benefit of facial expressions. He could pull off playing the role of the Doctor pre-facial scarring, as well.

Ok, so I'm something of a fanboy. But I still think he'd be amazing in the part.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Originally posted by Shawn
    I sat here and tried to think of who would make a good Dr. Doom. It took me all of about 5 seconds to decide: Simon Templeman. No, seriously. Since Doom should be behind a mask the entire movie (or close to it), you need someone with a commanding voice, who's accustomed to conveying their character's emotions without the benefit of facial expressions. He could pull off playing the role of the Doctor pre-facial scarring, as well.

Ok, so I'm something of a fanboy. But I still think he'd be amazing in the part.
    Oh, if only, Shawn... if only.

Johnny's not blonde?!!

I don't really like what they've done with Ben. Alba's hot enough to kick start a 747 so I've got no complaints there. Still, I'm just not that excited about this movie. I have no idea who the actor playing Doom is but I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Alan Rickman(sp?) doing it. "I'm going to count to 3 Mr. Richards...."

I wanted Irons he would have been perfect, IMO. The rest of the cast don't thrill me. I just don't like Alba as actress and that Human torch guy has been in bad movies his whole carrer.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Well, at least Alba looks good as blonde. Also, the Thing needs the brow. Ben needs a big brow o' rock to look proper.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
    Well, at least Alba looks good as blonde. Also, the Thing needs the brow. Ben needs a big brow o' rock to look proper.
    So that's what he's missing! I knew there was something wrong.

Shawn
    I saw an earlier picture of Ben where he didn't look completely rocky yet. It was explained that he was still in a transitional stage. Perhaps that's the case with the above photo.

Alba looks a little too "hot" to play the Invisible Woman, IMO. Sue doesn't look like a supermodel.

And the guy they got for Johnny is just wrong. He's supposed to be the cocky blonde teenager. In that pic, he looks older than Reed.

Still, I'll give it a chance. I hated the costumes for X-Men when I first saw them.

jjwr
    Can't go wrong with Alba IMO.

Thing doesn't quite look right without the brow.

The other two....honestly I when I saw the pictures I thought the guy playing Johnny was Reed and vice versa. Johnny looks too old and looks scholoary, where Reed looks like the young guy.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka chicka

They updated the scans. They aren't as washed out and small now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast