Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I think he feels that it is messing with Potter Fans not sure how since she isn't the main focus of the story. About the title, it appears to be a hoax, a very clever one though. I still wish the site would just deny it then to settle the matter. About the release date. I wish it could come by the end of this year, but it doesn't seem possible. According to rumors she is about finished with the first draft so gather with that I say it will get released sometime next year.

Shawn
    Originally posted by Eve
    BTW, why does Charley want Hermoine to die?
    Because Hermione dies.

Eve
    Nut uh. Explain.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I know Kung Fu, and orifices

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Charley
    Originally posted by Eve
    BTW, why does Charley want Hermoine to die?
    Because with the last book, there was this enormously huge zerg rush of nerds on the internet who were frothing at the mouth due to a rumor that Hermione dies in the next book. It became something of an internet joke.

On top of that, I don't like Harry Potter at all.

Actually Shawn she doesn't , I don't see her dying, of the three the most likely to die honestly is Harry, he could sacrifice himself to save the world I could see that happening, otherwise they all will surivive, I am leaning towards that right now. Of course back when Charley posted that rumor I knew he was messing with us and I just ignored it, so I say ignore it now

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I know Kung Fu, and orifices

AKA
    Charley
    Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
    Actually Shawn she doesn't , I don't see her dying, of the three the most likely to die honestly is Harry, he could sacrifice himself to save the world I could see that happening, otherwise they all will surivive, I am leaning towards that right now. Of course back when Charley posted that rumor I knew he was messing with us and I just ignored it, so I say ignore it now
    You really don't get the internet, do you?

Marcus Telcontar
    Why on earth's name did you tag that?

Shawn
    I was having a laugh, that's all.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
    Why on earth's name did you tag that?
    Book 5 spoilers follow:

Because the point he makes about Harry dying is probably not just a stab in the dark, most people have made this assumption based on the revelation of Trelawny's prediction in the Department of Mysteries. As such it wil come as an indirect spoiler of book five.

Yeah that is why I did. Also now the official site has been updated. The Storage title has been completly denied. But there is a puzzel on her site which will reveal the new title. I sat there and tried to figure it out. You have to get the bricks in the correct sequence. But I gave up after 30 minutes. And I read the spoiler at Mugglenet. and title is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince I have no clue what that means it is different I am guessing it refers to Voldemort somehow but that is just a guess since Voldemort is a half blood.

Edit I took the spoilers out because I figure most of you won't venture to try to figure it out on the site

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Colander on the head... check. Ferrets... check. Imperial insignia... check. Pants... well, three out of four ain't bad!

http://money.cnn.com/2004/06/29/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

The article in case anyone else wants to see it.

She seemed to confirm the Half Blood Prince title on the Daily News page by adding "The HBP is neither Harry nor Voldemort," she wrote. Lord Voldemort is the series' villain.

Thats cool, it looks like I was wrong about who the title was refering too. What half-bloods are there then? I know there is Lupin (he has been confirmed to be a half-blood Wizard) Hagrid is a half blood giant. Don't know of anyone else unless Snape is revealed to be a half-blood. It could be a new character as well I guess.

Marcus Telcontar
    The real title sorta sucks.

Live Wire
    yep thats the real title msn confirmed it and apparetly rowlings called the "pillar of storge" a laughable title.

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/ar...px?news=162719

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    I love HBP, it makes a nice change from the "Harry Potter and the X of the Y" or "Harry Potter and the X of Y". The only exception to that rule is Philosopher's Stone and I love the idea of finding out who the Halfblood Prince will be.

Eve
    Do they ever say whether Snape is a half blood? I just know Snape is a big part of Harry's story somehow.

I love the title too it is better than that Storage junk (that word was just way too hard for people to say) About who it is I am not sure, I want to say Lupin, because there is more to him we don't know. It could be Snape I suppose or maybe Hagrid. Unless they bring a character we haven't seen in a while (like Krum, who knows what lineage he is) but it could be a new character (people on the Harry Potter boards are saying maybe Mark Evans) or the new DADA perhaps. Or it could not be a person it could be a spell, a prophecy, a book, etc there are a lot of possbilities. Another reason I like the title.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sitting in a high-backed chair doing some plotting.
    "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" I prefered the other one better. Damn!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Yeah I like the title too...

I love the title too it is better than that Storage junk (that word was just way too hard for people to say

What's so difficult about "storge"? And God forbid that literature actually use words with which people might be unfamiliar.

LOL well it would be a tough title for some people to say Not me persay but I can imagine some people especially since 90% probably don't know what it is. Interestingly enough Rowling was appalled that anybody believed it, not sure what she means by that. Maybe that it wouldn't be something that would be coming from her. The Pillar of Storage is a part of mythology but I can see, after really thinking about it, that overdoing the whole Parental love stuff about Harry. I think most people know by now that his parents love him, so I don't think he needs to go looking for a Pillar. Truthly I did say I liked it, I thought it could work and I really didn't sit down and think about how it fit with the rest of the series. Still, I was very very skeptical of it, to tell you the truth mostly because of the source I think I predicted it might be a hoax. I would have accepted it, but I do like this title better because it is way more ambigious and doesn't tell you anything about the plot.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast