Thread: Next battle of Bestine.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Resh
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ulthrran

Next battle of Bestine.

Ok I think I have talked to just about everyone on this. The plan is to continue Bestine as a major planetary battle. I have talked with just about everyone about this and I think we have a basic idea worked out. The NR fleet is withdrawing. this will allow the SOV. to take full control of the defensive resources of Bestine. There will be a group of NR troops left on the planet. they will be fighting a far superior force and will have to withdraw and go into hiding on the planet .

With the Sov landing thousands of troops the remaining NR force will more then likely be spread out and in shambles.

Here is what I have talked to Tear , Tchort, and Scott about.

The first order of business is for the remaining forces to try to regroup. It will take at least a month for reinforcements to arrive. They need to regroup and start hit and run missions on the perimeter of the Imperial lines.

My plan is to first build 6 Mistryl vettes and sneak 12 squads of the new 3rd emergency response corps onto the planet to co-ordinate the landing of the main body of the division which will be sent in. after they get there. The troops on the planet will take down the planetary shield long enough to land the division.

A section of the battlegroup will engage the fleet with the aid of one of the new Interdictor field disrupter and draw it away from the planet long enough to send a 2nd group in from the opposite side of the planet which will land the division and then escape. The fleet engaging the Bestine fleet will then escape setting up the land battle.

OK thats where we stand now for comments and ideas.

Teleran Balades
    I've been talking to Lion about this to. We're planning to have a Mitryl and Spectre(both have been based off of the same ship from the Halo series of books) run into each other.

This should be interesting, Stealth vessels searching for each other is going to be fun, but difficult to RP.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"It's just the Rebels, sir... they're here."
    "My God, man! Do they want tea?"

Good. I estimate that since the world is attacked abruptly there will be not enough time to evacuate all personnel. This I amk estimating leaves you with between 100,000 and 500,000 men, most of whom are non military and lacking discipline making things all the more interesting. Battles snue as the Empire hunts down these survivors while the Republic struggles to bring reinforcements and supplies to the embattled and besieged remainder.

I envision a main body fighting a stalingrad type action while the rest are in the rear and spread out, harrying the Imperial lines.

Yes?

Redic Scott
    Well actually, there will be no big battle yet. As stated at the battle, all Nr troops pulled out of the city and destroyed most of the bridges, power stations, airfields, port systems, warehouses. Basically anything that you can use for your military has been destroyed. The city has no comm centers anymore or power stations, or water and food facilities. The NR will only engage you in small unit fighting, pretty much hit and run tactics against your convoys and rear line units. Attacking your positions at night and killing as many as possible, them retreating away. I guess I will post starting underground training camps where the military will try and train civilians to fight, however the military itself will be running out of supplies after a while.

Pretty much there are only around 1400 trained NR soldiers left, with about 100 or so special operations capable teams. Around 50 heavy and light tanks are left and 40 mobile missile batteries. There are some anti-air systems and a the rest of the armor is personel carriers.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Very good - but you have no aerial support whatsoever. You couldn't. With the Empire in firm control of the planet, we would notice any such activity and eliminate it.

I look forward to this indeed.

BUT I WANT MY STALINGRAD!!!

Redic Scott
    lol, you might have your wish when the reinforcements come in. Plus we don't need air support for most of the missions.

Jarek T'chort
    I doubt the civilians would be very inclined to like the NR much after you destroyed the food and water facilities. Great propaganda tool for us.

The Imperial Army would be mostly in the process of digging and preparing defensive positions in preperation of a large NR attack, which would be ideal for your plans, Redic. However I have countermeasures planned for such attacks.

Redic Scott
    The thing is though, is that the military got a lot of the people out of the city before that happened. There are a lot of people that will be willing to fight against you, they just wont be too well trained. The people inside were provided for and know the military did what it had to do.

This should be fun. We shall see how good those countermeasures are.

Malcolm Trippen
    Actually, with all due respect to Grand Admiral Desaria, there is a chance of them having air support. I suppose it wouldn't really be in response to their attacks, but I have four squadrons who are planning on making making life hell for your pilots, two of which are fairly elite A-Wing units.

That is, of course, assuming that I'm involved in this...I am, right?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

right. But A-wings wouldn't stand a chance against skies filled with Defender Vs. And they would be detected as soon as they move.

Alex
    Standing a chance isn't a problem. All my A-Wings would need to do is distract your fighters long enough to get them away from the ground troops. And also, no matter how much technology you throw at a fighter, it won't compensate for the inadiquate skills of Imperial pilots. My pilots, on the other hand, are pretty darn good. We might not be able to take a sky-full of Defenders, but we should be able to make ourselves into an annoyance.

[/Malcolm]

Teleran Balades
    Ooo, the Grand Admiral's not going to like that crack.

The Soverignty doesn't rely on technology, but the skill of our soildiers, pilots, and officers. If you want a bout with someone about Tech go bother the Federacy.

Alex
    Been there, done that, got the cybernetic implant.

I was merely responding to the "Defender V" comment. If he'd said my pilots didn't stand a chance against the Sovereignty ones, because of their training. Thats different. But he was saying that an A-Wing is no match for a Defender V...*shrug* You can still kill a man holding a minigun, even if you've only got a pistol. Its a case of tactics and skill.

My two A-Wing squadrons are fairly elite anyway, and the two support squadrons of X-Wings aren't bad. So I might not be able to take on all of your fighters, but I can take on enough to grab your attention.

But yeah. Admirals...Halo Force is ready, and awaiting orders. What needs blowing up?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

What did you say? I am gonna wipe the floor with ya. You never slander your enemy with so much confidence. He's askin' for it. Admiral I'd like to stay and provide planetary defense.

Alex
    I'm not saying I'm gonna smash you to pieces or anything. I'm just saying that, despite the fact that you've got uber-mega-TIEs or whatever the heck it is you're flying, I'm still going to be able to do enough to get your attention. Besides...*points at Desaria* he started it!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

HAHAHAH - - I was just letting you know what we use. They're really little more than Defenders updated with modern tech like new navicomputers, updated sensor packages and the like. The oly difference is that instead of twin ion cannon and two twin laser cannon it has two twin laser cannon and one light turbolaser for the added kick. Plus the usual missile complment.

I was just saying that you would have a tought time deploying. Not going tit for tat about fighter specs. Sorry for the confusion.

Note on the Auroras for this new thread. It uses Proton Warheads which are very different from proton torpedoes. Torpedoes have guidance systems, warheads do not. Instead, they have a higher yield and are more for saturation - lots of explosives on target. Torps are for precision fire - ie fighters.

Travis, for this Thread, you will receive news of your promotion on the retreat of the enemy and assume your new command - the Guards Fighter Wing.(Number posted elsewhere) They will arrive with the reinforcements. As such you will assume dual role - Colonel and commander of the Guards Wing and Acting Commander of all Fighter Corps Units on Bestine - - - Under Fleet jurisdiction, of course.

Mwuhahahahahaha

AND BTW - - I WANT MY STALINGRAD>>>>>>

Teleran Balades
    Originally posted by Telan Desaria
    Note on the Auroras for this new thread. It uses Proton Warheads which are very different from proton torpedoes. Torpedoes have guidance systems, warheads do not. Instead, they have a higher yield and are more for saturation - lots of explosives on target. Torps are for precision fire - ie fighters.
    Oops, my bad, I'll correct that in my post.

Alex
    What's the posting order, btw? Basically, when do you want me to post, and what should I be doing?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

We will discern the posting order as the thread begins which may do so at any stage. I have no qualms with it beginning now or later.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

4 squadron wouldn't be a big enough thorn to draw the attention of the fighter screen around the planet. You also have to note the capital ships in orbit.

Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast