Looking for Input

1. Tatiana Renkl
    Tatiana Renkl
    This character just transfered as Moff, which suits her type of history and skill set. I read about other Moffs here, but I am unsure of which sector would be available? I don't want to step on any toe and thought that the best option would be to ask here.

I didn't set her plotter yet, but she has a wiki.

Since she was born and raised in the Koradin Sector, (South West of the Fans RP map with Virgilia 7, Lipsec...) her pro-imperial family inspiring her to formally join the Empire, I'd be interested in her being in charge of this sector (or of a territory including this one as I'm unsure of how exactly sectors are divided here compared to the SW wiki). It's not very far from Bespin but far enough it might not fall under Moff Rübezahl's jurisdicition.

While this area would be my preference, I am more than happy to work with another sector of imperial space.

Thanks in advance for answers/suggestions.
  2. Ceto Rübezahl
    Ceto Rübezahl
    Ceto is only responsible for the Greater Javin - if you're looking on the Outer Rim Sectors map from the Essential Atlas it's all lumped together as one sector, but in older/other sources it's split into three sectors - Anoat, Yarith, and Javin.

Koradin is definitely outside of Ceto's purview, though it's pretty much right next door, so I'm sure he'd want to get together and work out some trade agreements and stuff!

We probably report to the same Grand Moff as well, Augustus Valorum (also me).
  3. Tatiana Renkl
    Tatiana Renkl
    Thank you! I wasn't completely certain of the borders, so the clarification is welcome. It was my main concern that Koradin might also be claimed.

It'd be great to work out trade agreements and things with both sectors being neighbors! Already gives some reason to thread together!

Makes sense about reporting to the same Grand Moff too!
  4. Tatiana Renkl
    Tatiana Renkl
    I have another question regarding Moffs. Are they allowed a "flagship" of sort? I read the description of the position on the wiki and read about the Navy too, but wasn't certain if like a Moff could have like a Destroyer or Dreadnought specifically under their command (or the captain/Admiral's working closer to them, PC or NPC).
  5. Rigel Bismarck
    Rigel Bismarck
    In Naval terms, the rank system goes:

1. Grand Admiral
    2. Grand Moff
    3. Moff
    4. High Admiral*
    5. Sector Admiral
    6. Admiral

*it's pretty likely this rank technically belongs to a Moff, but it's one they can delegate to a senior member of their Naval staff if they choose.

... and so on. Basically the Moff will outrank a standard member of the Admiralty within their territorial jurisdiction, and they will therefore outrank the Captain of that Admiralty member's flagship. The kind of ship that Admiral commands is probably going to depend on their specific rank, as well as the power and prestige of the governing Moff. For example, an Admiral subordinate to a Moff of the rich and prosperous Core Worlds would probably command the latest Imperial Star Destroyer design. A Moff in the Terminus sector (edge of the Galactic Rim) probably has a flagship tough enough to deal with pirates and the occasional Rebel foray.

When it comes to your specific situation, since you're located in the Outer Rim but not on the Imperial/Alliance border, your Admiral's flagship would probably depend on the level of commerce in your sector that needs protecting. Hopefully this info will help you figure out the kind of force likely to be there to help you govern.
  6. Tatiana Renkl
    Tatiana Renkl
    It helps, thank you! Based on what you said and what I saw on the Wiki, I believe that it would be credible for Tatiana to have an mperial II-class Star Destroyer as her flagship (as larger crafts seem to be for Over sectors and not sectors). It would be under a NPC Admiral/Sector Admiral command when she isn't personally aboard.

Her sector has history of rebellion against the Empire (her own family helped on the pro imperial side during the civil war) so all things considered it would make sense to have a decent naval force to ensure resistance and possible pirates remained squashed.