I'm looking to steal a Starkiller...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Tear
    Tear
    ...from the Rebellion.

I imagine the Starkiller missile base situation would be similar to the Soviet/USA cold war. Being that both sides have some intelligence on the others Starkiller base locations. I would like to have Tear meet with an Imptel member who can provide that information.

This thread has several ingredients that, hopefully, will come together.

• Tear meets with Imperial Intelligence (This can be a senior member in an official capacity, or a junior intelligence member in a less official meeting) and gets the information for one of the Rebel's starkiller bases.
    • Imperial forces sneak behind Enemy lines and infiltrates the base securing the objective. In my plotter there's mention that I was looking to set up a 'Suicide Squad' sort of team under the command of the Executor. If anyone wants to have their character be part of this team let me know! I would like to use them for this mission.
    • Here's where things can get interesting. Tear, as the Pale King, is looking to approach the Sons of Coruscant and form an alliance. If that goes through then I was hoping to have the Sons of Coruscant assault the base. The Sons smash their way in and retrieve Tear's forces who have secured the weapon. Then we peace out together.

Mission accomplished?

Anyone interested?
  2. Y'roth Helghast
    Y'roth Helghast
    I'm interested with the Nightmares, presuming that this is after Helghast's Resurrection. It'd be a good way for Helghast to flex the new muscle as well as have an interesting run in with the Sons of Coruscant.
  3. Damien Kantrael
    Damien Kantrael
    While I will be playing the Sons of Coruscant angle if they get recruited, I would also be interested in creating a "Suicide Squad" type character for Tear's team. I've had some character ideas in my head and nowhere to put them, so this sounds like a good fit for a few of them.
  4. R. S. Esalis
    R. S. Esalis
    I'm available if you need anything
  5. Matatek Sel Vissica
    Matatek Sel Vissica
    What would be Imperial Intel (or really any Imperial group's) motive to steal an Alliance starkiller? That's dangerously provocative and I don't know if kicking that hornet's nest over would be in the Empire's best interests. Or is it being sold a different way?
  6. Tear
    Tear
    Sweet! I wonder if I should make a separate thread for people interested in Tear's suicide squad.

Esalis for sure! That would be perfect.

We can also make the thread after Y'roth is released for some good ole fashioned nightmare shenanigans.

This is actually the first part of a larger story line where Tear is attempting to negotiate an alliance between the Empire and the Chiss.

During the Jovan diplomatic summit Tear will enter trade negotiations with the Chiss. During this time he will have the stolen Alliance Starkiller missile detonated on one of the Chiss harvest worlds. This will obviously cause a huge incident. Just as the Empire and Chiss enter negotiations for trade the alliance, seemingly, attack a Chiss world? It would look like a warning to stay away from the Empire or at the worst that the Alliance is declaring war on the Chiss. Investigating the bombs origin will lead them to the Alliance (same sort of idea on how they tracked the isotopes used for the Nuke in the movie 'Sum of all fears').

The Alliance can react however they wish, deny, denounce, point fingers at the Empire or admit it was stolen. I imagine each reaction will have it's own outcome but generally, even if they admit that the weapon was stolen they will lose face in the galactic community and who's to say anyone will believe the weapon was actually stolen? It would sound like an easy excuse.

Trade talks between the Empire and Chiss continue.

The next phase of the Chiss invasion will be orchestrated terrorist attacks on other important food and weapon facilities across numerous Ascendancy worlds. Using shell companies through the black sun and other organizations Tear will fund rebuild efforts for the destroyed targets. The difference being now he (the Empire) starts to rapidly own shares in the Chiss economy.

Ultimately the goal is to force the Chiss into an alliance through economics and fear:

• The Empire will own a good chunk of their economy.
    • It will look like Alliance terrorists are continually attacking them
    • They will largely distrust the Alliance after the Starkiller incident.

Now as for the thread where the Starkiller is stolen. The covert team takes possession of the Starkiller while the Sons come in for show to give the Empire deniability of any involvement.

Tear would explain his plan to Esalis so the motives would become easy to see.
    • Stealing a missile weakens the Alliance, not only due to the fact they had a superweapon taken, but the fact that if they admit it was taken will hurt their reputation with the galaxy.
    • An Alliance with the Chiss would strengthen the Empire.
    • If there is only a trade agreement the Empire will still have strengthened themselves while weakening the Chiss.

Hope that clears up any questions! We could likely use fleets for this thread too if anyone was interested. Or if anyone wants to be involved in any portion of the above just let me know.
  7. Charley
    Charley
    Okay that satisfies my curiosity, cool. As long as it's not an existing lore world that gets toasted I figure that should work fine?
  8. Tear
    Tear
    Yeah, I'm actually not familiar with Chiss space or worlds. It's supposed to be a big harvest world, sort of like Tanaab. We can just make one up.
  9. Akilah
    Akilah
    Wookiepedia has the Chiss Ascendancy in it listing all the planets - or at least the more prevalent ones.
  10. Rez Ace
    Rez Ace
    My character could help out. Since he is an Imperial Intelligence officer, and fleet Admiral, he could manage the Imperial side of things almost independently, but will of course let everyone else join in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast