Deciding on Contacts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Kes Akiena
    Kes Akiena
    In an effort to pool together the knowledge of folks in our faction, I think it best to put a list together of people to contact so that we can include them in the upcoming Alliance FAQ and Mission Plotter. This includes more folks than just the faction leaders, since there are a lot of people who I know can lend a helping hand.

So far I have:

Kelly Perris - All your fighter jock needs
    Alexi Hesith - Politics
    Salem Ave - Politics
    Vansen Tyree - Navy
    Reshmar - Navy
    Cirrsseeto Quez - Novgorod stuffs
    Grace Van-Derveld - Alliance Intel
    Kes Akiena - Jovan stuffs

If anyone has others they want to add, feel free.
  2. Dasquian Belargic
    Dasquian Belargic
    I'll toss Salem into the ring as another political contact
  3. Vansen Tyree
    Vansen Tyree
    Because of the way the story is at the moment, would it make sense to just have general purpose "Military" contacts, instead of sending people in different directions for pilots, navy, etc? Everyone is pretty much going to end up in the same handful of places anyway, because all our military stuff is jumbled up together like chocolate and peanut butter. Plus, any military-based stories that we do are likely to include a bit of everyone, so we're all basically gonna know the same stuff.
  4. Kes Akiena
    Kes Akiena
    We have a bunch of smart and creative people in this faction, and I think we should highlight that by giving new folks a choice of different folks to put their heads together with.
  5. Vansen Tyree
    Vansen Tyree
    I'm not saying reduce the number of people listed - just saying to reduce the number of categories.

If you start off talking to Kaman, we don't want people thinking they have to come separately to me with a Navy question, when Kaman is mixed up in a lot of that stuff too - she's on the Novgorod, Task Force 42, etc as well. And I do just as much pilot and SpecForce stuff as I do navy stuff. No need to pigeon hole people quite so much, etc.
  6. Kes Akiena
    Kes Akiena
    I'm not pigeon-holing anyone. I'm trying to spread things around so one person doesn't end up being a contact for multiple things. I'm not saying you can't offer help on a topic you're not listed next to, just that it would be poor form to limit the field of available contacts. If someone goes to Kaman and she's not sure about something, she would point said person in the right direction of who to get with.
  7. Grace Van-Derveld
    Grace Van-Derveld
    Much like I did with the Empire, I listed people who I knew had knowledge of the comings and goings and asked for assistance. It doesn't mean that it is a end all be all list hard coded for that poster to discuss that topic. It should go without saying that if a poster has a question and doesn't get a response, they can try another contact person, or like it was mentioned, people listed can refer as needed. In the end it's a reference tool and it's about helping people out in that faction.

also, posting here in the group forum is helpful too when needed.
  8. Vansen Tyree
    Vansen Tyree
    How about we swing the other way then, and provide more information rather than less?

Saying that Charley is the person to talk to about Novgorod stuff is true, but he's also the main authority on the Cizerack Pride. Christin is definitely the gal to talk to about Jovan Station, but you're also involved with border skirmish stuff as s'Ilancy which is really handy to know. Saying that Jenny is one of two people you can talk to about Politics is correct, but it's more accurate to point out that she's the one to go to if you have questions about foreign affairs, and the Hapes Consortium. Saying that I'm one of the two people you can talk to about the Navy is true, but specifically I'm the one focusing on the R&D and joint operations stories.

It's not much extra information, but it should be pretty helpful in working out which person you need to talk to - especially with Navy / Politics where there are two people, with no indication of what the difference is.
  9. Kes Akiena
    Kes Akiena
    I like that idea. Specifying the nature of what the members are specialized in would help, if that makes sense.
  10. Kes Akiena
    Kes Akiena
    I had an idea to make small holotags to include in our info thread to really make it stand out and offer slick visuals/pretties. They'd have links to each member's profiles right beneath them, and the holotag would include the specialization of the person listed.

These are obviously first drafts, but they illustrate the look I'm going for.

Thoughts?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast