Brainstorming Alliance Story Plots

1. Meiers Brecklin
    Meiers Brecklin
    I thought it might be a good idea to pool together the brainpowers of our sizable group and come up with some plot ideas to include in our upcoming mini-FAQ/Info guide/thread farm.

Some of the ones that I've had rattling about are:

• An old Alliance ship, one that was in the first batch of stolen ships from way back in the days of the old Rebel Alliance, is found in orbit over an outer rim planet. The crew has gone mad in their time alone, going from planet to planet and pillaging outposts. It's imperative that you find out what happened to them to make them that way.
    • A simulated wargame gone wrong.
    • A small group of Alliance members come across an old Imperial minefield and have to find a way to disarm the mines.
    • An Alliance squad is caught up in a crossfire between planetary militias and has to try and work their way out of it. Whether it be by force or diplomacy.

Anyone else have ideas?
  2. Jane Starborn
    Jane Starborn
    I'd like to see someone mention my death with sadness.
  3. Meiers Brecklin
    Meiers Brecklin
    That can certainly be done
  4. Vansen Tyree
    Vansen Tyree
    I've got some ideas rattling around about exploring the Gordian Reach - there's some pretty weird and wonderful races and such scattered about in there who might make for some interesting political / exploration / etc type stories.

There's been chatter for a while about doing stuff with the Tion Cluster, and a possible internal power struggle there that the Alliance and Empire end up on opposite sides of.

I think Charley's been wanting to have some scuffles and skirmishes with worlds along the border - planets that don't want to be Alliance regardless of where the politicians say the borders are, pirates / Hutts / neutral worlds taking advantage of worlds on the fringes that can't defend themselves; even the odd internal coup and what not.

I've got some R&D storylines in the works and on the go related to adding things like E-Wings, K-Wings, new starships, and that sort of jazz.

Dealings with the Hutts would be interesting, since we have a border with them but the Empire doesn't any more. We were going to do some stories about trying to set up military contracts with Ambassador Wrath which could be a good starting place, but that stuff hasn't managed to happen yet.
  5. Meiers Brecklin
    Meiers Brecklin
    There's also this old thread - http://71.19.154.126/forum/showthrea...and-the-Shield

If we can get Reshmar back, it'd be fun to continue our little Red October homage. Sadly, Aris will probably not be back for a long while, so we'll need to work around that. But it's not impossible.
  6. Charley
    Charley
    I really like the war games idea.

And yeah, having some kind of intrigue in Hutt Space seems like a great way to make things risky for the Alliance. Friends? Foes? Maybe depending on which Hutt you talk to and at what time? And I'm pretty sure the Empire would be able to have a proxy effect there too.
  7. Maggewetok
    Maggewetok
    Being able to get a new contract with pharmaceutical companies on Quesh or Manaan for the troops. With a war going on, there's always a need for medpacs and bacta.
    Securing alliances with manufacturers for new weapons, technology who are based on worlds that haven't been tapped yet.
    I definitely like being able to have new ships entering service with the navy.
    Races whose culture that conflict with the Alliance's laws is always fun too - perhaps they believe in slavery, or dealing with other groups that make the diplomat uncomfortable.
    An Alliance compound that's new to a world that's just joined that gains a lot of the wrong attention from local gangs. (13 Hours - the Benghazi movie)
    Reaching out to remote stations for intelligence purposes - listening posts, supply depot, etc. and having the possibility of a double-cross.
    Pirates kidnapping freighters enroute to an Alliance world or ally with valuable cargo aboard.
    A run and gun thread that finds the main group taking refuge in a cave or ruin to patch one another up and end up finding a hidden cache of either old weapons or Force artifact in a tomb.
    Helping a smuggler who ends up getting jumped by another ship and we find out the smuggler is moving slaves that he stole from a rival that's come to collect.
    Surviving on a remote part of a world with an Imperial.