Invasion: Dogs of War (OOC)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Captain Untouchable
    Captain Untouchable
    OOC thread for Dogs of War.

This is not a meeting of the Alliance Senate, the Joint Chiefs, the Defense Committee, or anything formal like that (if someone wants to start a thread like that, feel free!), but more of a "where are we at?" thread. Resh and I wanted to put a few people in a room to do a little bit of exposition in terms of where the Alliance military is at in 12 ABY, what ships and level of readiness we have at our disposal, and just generally give ourselves a bit of a warm up with some of the characters we'll potentially be writing over the course of the Ssi-Ruuk arc so that we're not encountering each other for the first time in the middle of a battle - stuff like that.

If you feel like your character would be involved, feel free to speak up, but don't worry too much: this is more about filling in some continuity gaps and that sort of thing than deciding the Alliance's strategy/policy/etc.

Things the thread will hopefully touch on:

Mon Calamari Shipyards - currently producing MC60s (mid-size patrol cruisers), MC85s (like the Raddus from The Last Jedi), and a few new MC90 command ships. Most of these will be serving in the First Fleet (led by Reshmar) and the Second Fleet (based at Mon Cala).

Hoersch-Kessel Drive - currently produces the T-Wing, which is used as a flight trainer. The Alliance has a history of using Lucrehulks (which can be operated with minimal crew) as supply ships: Senator Adel may want to work with Senator Tukphen to see these ships getting used for refugees/etc.

Slayn & Korpil - the Verpines tend to work closely with the Mon Calamari, and so one would expect to see their fighters launching from the new MCs. They mostly make B-Wings, and the standardised/production model of A-Wing, as well as a few other / older fighters for Alliance Security, private militias, etc. According to the Visual Dictionary, the StarFortress bombers seen in The Last Jedi were made by Slayn & Korpil and date from this era.

SoroSuub & Sluis Van - more or less finished developing the Defender-class Star Destroyer and Endurance-class Fleet Carrier: these are compact, Venator-sized ships with the stopping power of a full ISD. If/when the Alliance is called into action, the Fifth Fleet (based at Sluis Van) will include the first examples of these new classes. SoroSuub isn't what it once was, thanks to the attack on Sullust: this thread might be an opportunity to touch on that and take the pulse of where SoroSuub (and Sullust) are at right now.

Incom-Koensayr-Meorrrei - makes (almost) every starfighter for the Alliance that Slayn & Korpil doesn't. By the time the Ssi-Ruuk invasion starts, they'll be producing V-Wings, E-Wings, and K-Wings, and might just be starting to get the A-Wing II (as seen in The Last Jedi) off the ground. They're working on a new model of X-Wing, but it isn't ready yet. The new ships from SoroSuub & Sluis Van will more than likely be launching IKM fighters, since the company had a hand in helping to develop the Defender and Endurance.

Bothawui & Gallofree Yards - in our continuity, Gallofree (who make the iconic Rebel transports) was bought by the Bothans after it went bankrupt, rather than the Empire (as in canon). The Vigil from The Last Jedi is a Vakbeor-class ship based on Gallofree designs and from that era, so I think that'd be a cool thing to have had the Bothans working on for the last few years as their contribution to the military, and as a surrogate for the Nebulon-B. This is probably more of a "down south" ship, as opposed to the more Mon Cal heavy "up north".

Rothana Heavy Engineering - has been supplying the Alliance military with Republic style/era walkers, transports, and what-not for about a year. Rothana's ships are really good at moving large quantities of people, so we may want to set up a plot hook where Senator Adel (who will be taking point on the refugee crisis) wants to work with them to maximise the amount of people the Alliance can move to safety. Resh had a thought that the Alliance might be suspicious of Rothana's charity in this regard (particularly since they are owned by a Hutt), so that could spark off a little espionage and intrigue for people who are inclined to look into that sort of thing.

There's also a new Majestic-class flagship being built for the Hapan Royal Navy at Lantillies, which is probably close to done, and the level of cooperation/integration between the Alliance and the Cizerack, Hapans, ex-Imperials, local militias, etc might be worth a mention, in a "how much help can we count on from X?" sort of way. Again, this isn't a thread where things will be decided and actions will be taken, it's more about scene setting and preamble so we can all go off and handle the proper discussion stuff in other threads elsewhere.
  2. Reshmar
    Reshmar
    I think once upon a time I mentioned Hast as a secret shipyard that would be also working on the Defender program. Building the Defender-class Star Destroyer. I am also wanting to build a one off MC design out there. New toy for Resh kinda thing. We also have a few Bothan designs I am sure they furry buggers would be pushing to have built and use.
  3. Captain Untouchable
    Captain Untouchable
    I think the Hast shipyards would probably only be building Mon Cal ships. The idea with the Defender/etc was that SoroSuub, Sluis Van, and some of the other races/manufacturers are working together to try and compete with the Mon Calamari monopoly on the Alliance Fleet, and that we'd end up with a situation where geography plays into the kind of ships that you'll be seeing: more of a bias towards Mon Cal stuff in the "north" near Mon Cala, more of the Defender/etc type stuff in the "south" around Sullust and Sluis Van. We kinda wanted to capture the idea that the Alliance celebrates diversity and variety, unlike the Empire that wants everything to look the same. It might not quite be in the spirit of that if Hast (which is near Mon Cal space) has a part in that "southern" design project.

I love the idea of Resh having a new/unique design of ship, though!
  4. Charley
    Charley
    The Cizerack should have some of their 2.0 retooling ready for line work now. That would include Taitha’fei interceptors and the new Feesarro-class Destroyer, which is supposed to function as a joint operations heavy interdictor
  5. Reshmar
    Reshmar
    Hast works that way and in retrospec, it was Republic-class star destroyers, not Defenders.
  6. Charley
    Charley
    The cizeri ships aren’t under Taataani’s directorship though. If I remember correctly, they’re both built by Royal Cana’daari Shipwrights, which is a nationalized entity
  7. Reshmar
    Reshmar
    An interdictor is something we sorely need. the old Corellian ones are hard to get parts for now since well Corellia and Imperial space. I guess with Suro Saab buying into the Defender hull they would not be doing much in the way of advancing the Liberator hull. Which i guess makes sense the Endurance is a better fleet carrier but I so love the Liberator. Also Are they doing the Majestic-class from the defender era program other than the Majestic they are working on with the Cizerack?
  8. Captain Untouchable
    Captain Untouchable
    The Majestic is loosely going to be the one from the Modernization Program, but the hull shape gave me Hapan vibes, so I hand-waved things a little bit to add some Fans/Holo flair. I may end up stealing the look of the Excalibur from Babylon 5: the EU design is just a crude sketch, but the Excalibur has the right sort of shape if you squint at it the right way. For right now they're only building the one, but I guess in the long term it has a similar role to the Feesarro - something intended for use in joint operations, so that Hapes can avoid needing to let any of it's Battle Dragons leave the Cluster, and that sort of thing.

I'd forgotten about the Republic-class Star Destroyers. Those are another ship we can have in service by 12 ABY - ships in that Victory/Venator size category are a really good fit for the Alliance, IMO.

As far as providing exposition on Cizerack ships, Vansen Tyree is the guy in charge of overseeing all the joint operations and convincing everyone to play nice with each other, so he can handle talking about any of that stuff.
  9. Park Kraken
    Park Kraken
    Since there is a discussion about Refugees, I assume this thread is taking place after first contact with the aliens in Alliance space, when the first wave(s) of refugee ships arrive in Alliance space? I'm only asking as I'm working on writing a brief thread detailing the first encounter between the Ssi-Ruuk and an Alliance force, a skirmish in which some refugee ships are rescued and the Ruuk are driven back. Anne could then attend the meeting and provide a briefing on the Ssi-Ruuk as far as the engagement went and their capabilities.

Insofar as the New Class and Modernization programs go, last I heard Mustafar (Tempest Engineering Works) was working on building frigates for the Alliance Fleet. I propose this continue but with the new Corona class Frigates being produced, along with starting production of the new Warrior class Gunships to replace the aging DP20 Gunships, now that CEC isn't as able to produce/service them as much for the Alliance Navy.
  10. Charley
    Charley
    A refugee crisis can easily happen even when the Ssi-Ruuk are engaging the empire only. As a matter of fact, it makes perfect sense for it to happen this way, if these people realize that the Ssi-Ruuk are hitting the Empire exclusively and these allied worlds are just a few short light years away. That is a big burden for the Alliance to deal with, even before they fire their first shot.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast