View RSS Feed

Loose Threads

Between Two Interrogation Droids: Rossos Atrapes

Rate this Entry
I recently was sat down with Rossos Atrapes, for an interrogationinterview. The transcript of our conversation is below on...Between Two Interrogation Droids (literally)

What is your main motivation to get out of bed in the morning?

I do not understand this question. I do not need motivation to get out of bed in the morning.

Do you have living relatives, and if so, do you keep in touch?

No.

How are the Imperial Knights different from the Inquisitorate? Is this distinction important to you, or merely something to put on paper to please the Empress?

The Imperial Knights are not mainly an interrogative bureaucratic administration. The Imperial Order of the Knights of the Throne are a military organization of mainly Force-adept individuals whose main mission is to police the military and governing branches of the Imperial government, and bring to justice traitors and defectors. Our secondary mission is as military leaders, strategists, and tacticians in situations where such a mind and ability are necessary.

Who is your favorite Imperial Knight? Which one has the most potential, in your eyes? And who is the most difficult to deal with?

I do not have a favourite. As far as potential, each knight has shown potential in different areas. Knight Cain, for instance, is powerful. But he also possesses an ability to speak and understand complex situations, both political and otherwise, and plan accordingly, with his main goal always in sight. Knight Iscandar is one of the most skilled combatants the Order can field. She also is skilled at infiltration and being unnoticed. Knight Alexia is a fist, but one who understands the darker aspects of society and sentient nature. And Knight Vissica's uncompromising nature allows her to take on missions where perhaps a weaker heart would quail, or a darker heart would take advantage.

As far as difficult, I will not say. I deal with them, and they obey. It is enough.

Do you have any regrets for how you have treated Jedi prisoners in the past?

No.

Do you believe in what the Empire stands for?

Yes. But perhaps a clarification on what the Empire stands for would be in order. Your idea of the Empire's ideals would probably be much different from mine.

And now some questions for the man behind the character:
How long have you RPed Atrapes?

I believe he was my second character, and was in February of 2008. So, seven years.

What do you enjoy the most about writing him?

I enjoy how much thought I have to put into writing him. He isn't a genius, but he is smart, and has learned through his years many things that make him dangerous beyond training in the Force.

In what way is Atrapes like you, and how is he different?

Atrapes and I are alike in that we both are quite dedicated to what we believe is right, at least mentally. Atrapes will follow that through to a very dangerous and bloody path, and while I haven't and don't think I will, the potential has been there and it is frankly a bit scary to think how I could be like him. Atrapes is different from me in his mental processes. He thinks obliquely, in angles, where I'm a very straight forward person. There's also a huge difference between us that I explain in the last question.

Do you make any writing/stylistic choices for Atrapes that make him distinct from other characters that you write?

I never use contractions when writing Atrapes' dialogue. He always speaks without shortening his words. I guess there's more to it than that, but I'm not too aware of it.

Share something about Atrapes not many people may know.

Atrapes is vegetarian.

Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Rossos Atrapes" to Digg Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Rossos Atrapes" to del.icio.us Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Rossos Atrapes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Rossos Atrapes" to Google

Comments