• Getting to Know You: Zereth Lancer

In this first of a series, we turn our attention to Zereth Lancer/Kyle Krogen, or rather, the man behind the characters.

When did you first see a Star Wars movie, and what movie was it?
    My first Star Wars movie would be Episode IV: A New Hope. I can't even remember when I saw it first. I was very young. It would have been at some point after it was released on VHS.

Do you have any sort of Star Wars merchandise collection, and if so, what is your favorite piece?
    I only have a few books, and my favorite is the Essential Guide to Alien Species resource book, which was an absolute necessity in the days before Wookieepedia.

Are you excited about Disney making more Star Wars movies? Who do you want a spin-off movie about?
    I am excited for additional Star Wars movies. There is so much potential in the expanded universe that they could go in just about any direction and it will be an amazing adventure.

How long have you been at SW-Fans, and why do you stay?
    I have been around since 2002 and it's my love of Star Wars that has kept me coming back. I have created some characters that I have become very attached to and I could never not write them. It's really the characters that keep pulling me back; both my own and those of other writers.

Do you stick mainly with Star Wars RPing, or have you branched out to some of the general RPing scenarios? Which do you prefer, if you have a preference?
    I've dabbled in the Mutant and World of Darkness, and while I love X-Men and the World of Darkness setting, I never really felt connected to either and ultimately gave up trying to write within them.

Who is your favorite character you write on the boards? Who is your favorite that someone else writes?
    My favorite right now is Zereth. He's turned into such an interesting character with his positive "Gray" force outlook despite his horrific past. My favorite character to read would have to be Wei Wu Wei. Throughout the years I've been on SWFans, Wei's character has always struck me as this ultimate good and pure force that even the other Jedi characters cannot compare to.

What RPing story arc do you most want to do, or current one you’d like to complete?
    I'd love to complete the Ssi'Ruuk arc. I really enjoy a big villain that forces the other factions to put aside their differences to overcome a shared demise. I've always like it when enemies are forced to work together. They get to settle some of their differences in the process, realize that the other guy isn't really so bad, and that they are all just lads fighting in a war waged by kings.

Are you a dog person, or a cat person? (this is v. important)
    Cats.

Thank you for your time, Zereth!