View RSS Feed

Loose Threads

Between Two Interrogation Droids: Vince

Rate this Entry
(Vince writes Rossos Atrapes, Ben Merasska, and Kazahan, among others)

When did you first see a Star Wars movie, and what movie was it?

I believe it was when I was maybe eleven? 1997, when the movies showed in the theaters for the thirtieth anniversary, and drumming up hype for Episode I coming out. A New Hope. My dad took me to see it. I very well could have seen it before then, because I remember being excited about it.

Do you have any sort of Star Wars merchandise collection, and if so, what is your favorite piece?

I do, but it's not a large one. I have a couple shirts, a ceramic goblet, a four mug set with Han and Lando, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, and Greedo's faces on them. I have an alternate cover edition of Star Wars #1. My favorite though is if the large framed print poster of the original trilogy characters made for the thirtieth anniversary.

Are you excited about Disney making Star Wars Anthology movies? Who do you want a spin-off movie about?

Not as excited as most, I think. Star Wars has always been a franchise, and I accept that, but I will admit there's a fear of the mythical aspect of it being lost if we start having a Star Wars universe like a Marvel universe. Not that they can't be well done or even good, but we don't need a film replacement for the EU that Disney threw out.

How long have you been at TheHolo.Net, and why do you stay?

I started here in January or February of 2008, so that's seven years I've been writing here, on and off of course. I stay because of all of the people here, actually. Our conversations are funny, serious, ridiculous, absent-minded, mundane, and span Star Wars to everything else we can think of at the moment. I've made connections with people here that I don't have with anyone else. I don't think I really need to talk about how well everyone writes here, and how amazing and emotional they can be. Our shared stories are some of the best things I've ever seen, published or not. The feeling that I've contributed, if only a little, to some of these worlds is a feeling I can't get anywhere else. Your feedback, while sometimes not critical enough for me (sometimes I just want an editor), on what I do right and how I did it has helped me make my writing so much better than it otherwise would have been.
Short answer? Because you guys have become my friends.

Do you stick mainly with Star Wars RPing, or have you branched out to some of the general RPing scenarios? Which do you prefer, if you have a preference?

I've always I think stuck more to Star Wars than the other scenarios. I have done other scenarios, but those stories have not been so embedded in the worlds as my Star Wars stuff has. I prefer then, obviously, Star Wars.

Who is your favorite character you write on the boards? Who is your favorite that someone else writes?

I don't really think I have a favorite character. There are characters I've written a lot for that resonate with me pretty deeply and where I think I've put more of myself into (both personality wise and time investment), like Ben and Palara, and there are characters that don't resonate with me but are just plain old fun to write when I get it right (I'm looking at you Onashi). For me that's it, basically.

My favorite character that someone else writes is also difficult. Cirr is definitely up there if he's not my favorite. He has a history, and it's there even if it's not told directly, and he has facets and parts to him that I can't really define. Loki is absolutely a gem, especially with this current arc of him discovering himself and what that means. I think Wei Wu Wei is one of the deepest and most real characters I've ever read, and he captures a poignant yet still very Star Wars style of portrayal that is in the tradition of the Original Trilogy. Tak and Wyl are both written so charmingly and with such a sense of childlike wonder. Glayde has a real sense of urgency and immediateness that is hard to copy.

What RPing story arc do you most want to do, or current one you’d like to complete?

I really want to finish (or start at the very least) Ben's arc where he and Esther finally meet and start becoming family. It's been what I've aimed for with him for a while now, and for me at least it's basically where if I were to write a novel of it, the story would end. I did a start with one thread, but given the circumstances, I feel like I have to start it over and try again.

Are you a dog person, or a cat person? (this is v. important)

I actually like both. I have wanted one of each for a long time. I love dogs for their unconditional love and friendship, and cats because every cat I or my family at least had has been chill and very easy to deal with.

Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Vince" to Digg Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Vince" to del.icio.us Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Vince" to StumbleUpon Submit "Between Two Interrogation Droids: Vince" to Google

Categories
Interviews , OOC

Comments