Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toxicity and a Dark Lady

SWFans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    This one goes up to 11.
    AKA
    Morg

Reb Toxicity and a Dark Lady

Rain dripped into Milivikal's jet black hair, granting it a reflective sheen. It had been muggy and miserable until the downpour started. This was not a micro-climate system, either. The whole district was under cloud and rain, and if you asked her, the it needed a good rinse. Coruscant still stunk. Her nose scrunched as she dove through the onslaught rolling off the awning. Inside the café , the shop owner had raised the temperature controls to compensate for wet guests. She ran her fingers through her jaw-length hair and loosened her red and black coat. Except for the bit of water that had snuck into her collar, her body was dry. She now wished she had bought the matching hat, but there had been no time. Mili had been practically shoved from the speeder and told to be at Lorrug's by eleven. Well, “Eleven hundred.” Military types were funny about their time. She checked her chrono. It was 10 till now.

Mili found an empty table, draped her raincoat over the chair, and settled in. The twi-lek waiter ambled up a minute later.

“Breakfast tea.” k'Vik said in a proper Coruscanti accent. The tea came a minute later. It had been many months since she had proper loose-leaf. Fortunately, she had been given a generous lump of credits as she had been shoved from the speeder. Gingerly, she sipped, and hummed. It was a delight. She settled against the chair, and set the cup against the saucer again. Outside, the rain continued to drum against the building in a steady rhythm.

"The rest should be here shortly." A voice stated, as a tall man sat down next to her. The Black Man had been there for almost an hour, making sure the area was secure. While he had personally vetted the cafe owner and his staff, 'Othniel' knew not everything was perfect. And bribes also only went so far. The Black Man nodded to the returning waiter. "Caf. Black. No cream or sugar."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If I have to clean up Kazaar after a drunken night of binge drinking one more time there will be HELL to pay!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Estelle had taken advantage of the building overhang to shelter from most of the downpour, while watching Lorrug's from her vantage point of across the street. It was not a particularly busy thoroughfare outside the cafe, but that was relatively speaking. This was, after all, Imperial Center - and population density was just something Coruscanti residents were simply used to.

Her partner, Aurelias Kazaar had entered the cafe some twenty minutes ago from the rear laneway. Or, that had been the plan. He'd been keen to check the place out before meeting with the Head of SpecOps. Russard suspected it was to check out Othniel himself, more than the actual establishment, as that would have already been taken care of by The Black Man's men simply as a matter of protocol. But anything to do it his way. Her partner was a Rebel in more than one sense of the word.

Estelle checked her wrist chrono - 1100 hrs on the nose - and stepped from the curb into the teeming street, glad she'd pulled her hair back into a tight ponytail to help keep the frizzies down to a minimum. A quick-step across to the other side saw her catch a drenching from the thrumming rain, her long jacket protecting her from the worst of it. Mopping her face with a handkerchief, Estelle stepped inside to the welcome dryness of Lorrug's and immediately located Othniel, seated with a cup of coffee and a dark-haired companion. She joined them directly, pocketing her kerchief and shrugging out of her dripping coat.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So, why does everyone keep calling me Mr. Blonde?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EquableJarl0 PSN ID: TXViking43
    Kazaar was late on purpose. Just any way t'ruffle th'feathers of 'Mister Dark'n Spooky'. He came from th'kitchen area, an unlit cigar in his mouth. Unlit 'cause it was too wet outside t'even bother lighting...and th'fact the cafe was non-smoking. Frackin' health nuts.

He recognized Rawl, sittin' with his back t'the doorway, and nodded in greetin'. Who says ya can't be friendly with ya fellow spies. 'Sides, never know when th'Empire's gonna bust in th'break the place up.

Kazaar slid into th'seat nearest th'wall and nodded. "Who's th'dame?"
    Last edited by Aurelias Kazaar; Sep 2nd, 2008 at 09:42:03 PM. Reason: typos

"Her name is Milivikal k'Vik." The Black Man answered. "An associate recommended her to me. She'll be working with you for a while."

"You gotta be kiddin' me." Kazaar snorted. "Th'Kid and I work alone."

'Othniel' took a sip from his caf. "That may be the case. But she's needed for this operation. So she stays with you." He turned towards Milivikal. "How's your tea?"

SWFans.Net Poster

This one goes up to 11.
    AKA
    Morg
    She let a corner of her mouth drift up.

"Tis rather good." Mili took another sip to reinforce the point. It would be difficult not to pull Kazaar's leg some. His partner, though: She was cool and collected. Professional. The eye of the storm. She was looking Milivikal over with a microscope. Kazaar was just flat opposed. He didn't need specific reasons. He'd found his partner and didn't need anyone else who might be unpredictable besides himself.

"I have, ah, abilities you may find of use." Her voice took on a smooth musical quality. It was pleasant before, but now it held a sweet clarity.
    Last edited by Morgan Evanar; Sep 3rd, 2008 at 05:59:00 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If I have to clean up Kazaar after a drunken night of binge drinking one more time there will be HELL to pay!

Estelle deliberately omitted giving Kazaar a 'look'. She didn't need to anyway - her partner could tell even by the tilt of her chin that she was silently chiding him for being obtuse. Thats right, press the ol' man's buttons, partner, and spend another fortnight in the brig. Would Kazaar never learn?

Russard took upon herself the mantle of reasonableness. And why not? Othniel was her superior, and it was often the case that agents in the field were not privy to all the peices of the big picture. In fact, it was almost a provisional.

She acknowledged k'Vik with a hint of a smile, and noticed a strange quality in the woman's manner of speaking. Hard to express just what it was, though. She would ask Aurelias later if he had noticed the same thing.

Estelle addressed The Black Man, "In what capacity, sir?

"In what capacity, what, agent?" Othniel repeated in his officious fashion. He loved doing that, Russard had noticed.

She felt, rather than saw, Kazaar sneer.

"In what capacity is Ms k'Vik needed for our operation?" She lowered her voice to a whisper, "I understand it is somewhat of a mole-hunt?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

Kazaar snorted. "Probably 'cause he figures Mystery Lady 'ere can dig up more dirt on whoever th'traitor is." He chewed on th'tip o'his cigar a bit. "'Specially since she ain't a Rebel."

Th'Black Man stared at Kazaar like he'd just figured outta way t'destroy th'Empire and cure all diseases. "How did you figure that out?"

Another smirk. "Like it's that hard. Ya only got four people in this place and that ain't countin' Rawl, who's sittin' far 'noug away t'where he can't hear what we're talking 'bout. I bet Bossman don't even know this meetin's going on." His black eyes stared directly into Othniel's. "What? Afraid ya little Clubhouse gotta couple moles who'll go back'in tell 'im? Or someone else maybe?"

The Black Man didn't bite at Kazaar's line about 'the Clubhouse'. He took a sip of his caf and kept his stony face. "Face facts, Kazaar. Miss k'Vik comes highly recommended. She knows her stuff and does a good job. You and Russard are here because not only are you good operatives, you are also hardly ever seen at HQ."

Kazaar muttered something which sounded like him wanting to keep it that way.

"The three of you will begin investigating who is the traitor within Rebel Intel. I have personally vetted my entire organization, but Belargic's group hasn't. Start immediately. The cafe will be empty for another 20 minutes. I suggest you start now." He finished his caf and rose from his chair. "I'll be in touch."

A few seconds later, he and Rawl disappeared outside into the rain.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

Kazaar let out 'nother *snort* and ignored th'look he got from th'Kid. "So ya gonna just sit there'n drink ya tea or ya gonna show us what ya got?"

"Kazaar!" Estelle answered sharply, earnin' another smirk.

"Aw c'mon, Kid. Ain't ya curious t'see what th'dame's got? 'Specially if we're gonna be workin' together forra while?"

SWFans.Net Poster

This one goes up to 11.
    AKA
    Morg
    "Well?" Kazaar's lips moved, but no sound came.

For Kazaar, it was silent. He couldn't hear anything but the beat of his own heart and the air to and from his lungs.

I am sure that you will be able to make use of this skill. Milivikal's voice was light and airy, and it seemed to be distant, even though she was right at the table. Noise flooded back to Kazaar.

"I've the ability to manipulate sound over grand areas." She explained to everyone at the table.

"For all the rest of the restaurant knows, I'm proclaiming this tea's greatness." She took another sip.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

Aw great. A frackin' Force user. Kazaar mentally shook 'is head in distain at th'thought o'teaming up with an FU. Not that they didn't have their uses, they sure as hell did. But th'Rebel spy was never a big fan of 'em. Took all th'glory f'themselves without spreadin' it 'round. There were times, mostly when Kazaar was pretty drunk, he almost wished th'Alliance never heard o'Skywalker and his little merry band o'pals. True, they were all dead, but still...they were revered f'all they'd done. While Kazaar had plenty o'pals who'd never ben remembered f'dying where they did in honor o'the Rebellion. Part o'life, but still pissed 'im off.

Still he had t'admit, he was pretty impressed at Milivikal's abililities. "Yeh...she'll do." He started t'rise from his chair, earnin' a look from Estelle. "What? I wanna go out'n smoke. 'Sides, our benevolent leader tol' us we only had 20 minutes. I ain't in th'mood t'sit 'round and wait f'the cafe t'open again."

"Aurelias." Th'kid spoke diplomatically. "She may want to finish her tea."

Kazaar *harrumped*. "Fine. Let'er finish. I'll be outside."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Estelle's brown eyes found k'Vik's own, no apology in them for her partner, but definitely empathetic to the desire that the dark-haired beauty might like to crack his nose for him. She wouldn't be the first.

"He's not so great with new people" Russard said, by way of explanation. "In fact, he's not so great with people overall" she added with a grin.

"I dont know exactly what you just did with the sound thing to make him so agreeable, but it must have been something impressive, Milivik-kval... sorry, your name is a mouthful" Russard coloured slightly at her awkward enounciation, but ploughed on. "Would you like to tell me a little about yourself?" Her smile conspiratorial as she added, thinking of her partner out in the rain,"Take your time - enjoy your tea."

SWFans.Net Poster

This one goes up to 11.
    AKA
    Morg
    "He would not have lasted thirty seconds in the Old Republic's Diplomatic Corps. So he is not a member of the Corps, no?" She agreed, even though she was still drinking her tea. She set her tea down and smiled.

"I gave him a demonstration of my abilities, and Kazaar was satisfied that I would be of help. Ah, I am much older than I look, and you may call me Mili. Or k'Vik. Whichever is prefered." She added. She rubbed her finger over the edge of the tea cup. It hummed a high pitched but pleasant note. Mili hummed along, adding in the third movement of Insensatefor a moment, and stopped. Milivikal finished the bit of tea at the bottom.

"We should join your uncouth friend." She said while she rose from her chair. "'Tis already annoyed plenty with social graces."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

"Psh, he'll get over it" Estelle assured as she angled back into her coat, nevertheless moving toward the exit in order to rejoin her partner outside. "He's just eager to have a smoke would be my guess." The statement was not entirely true. Kazaar, no doubt, was suckin back on a smelly Sarcorrian the minute he'd exited the cafe, but this business with a suspected traitor amongst their ranks had him antsy. And Estelle, too.

The intel was ambiguous at best. Mirko -- who had a knack for hearing things -- had identified some coincidences of interest a few weeks ago, bringing it to Kazaar's attention (Spenny always sent Cowboy his best scuttlebutt). However, after being passed on, the information had sat idle, dismissed by the proofers as just more white noise. Its real worth had not been immediately recognised. The situation on Obas had necessitated a second look at all incoming intelligence traffic, and Spendrim's intel got closer attention.

One name seemed to keep occuring in apparently innocuous communications between several known Imperial attache's, raising some suspiciouns, especially in the aftermath of Obas. How Mirko came by his leads, Kazaar wasn't saying. The name used in the communiques was not one that was familiar, and indeed, appeared to be in code itself within the messages. Encryption was still working on that possibility.

"Eager to get down to business, too" Russard added, stepping out of the cafe and bracing herself against the wind and rain. She turned to Mili, suddenly very businesslike, "Othniel has vouched for you and that's fine for me. You'll have to prove yourself to my partner, and I have no doubt you will, but dont be mistaken in thinking Im not watching closely. Alot is at stake on this trip - and I wont be taking any chances.Not on anyone."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

Th'alley was empty. Wherever Kazaar was, it wasn't there. Th'Kid was gettin' ready t'curse her rebellious partner (and apologize t'Mili f'doing it), when a nondescript speeder pulled up next to 'em. Th'window started t'roll down and Estelle spied Kazaar inside. "Here, Kid." He tossed 'er a pair o'gloves, lot like th'ones he was wearing. "Get in an' don't touch anything. You too Birdie."

Th'leather seat made a *crinklin'* sound as Estelle slid 'cross it. When she saw Kazaar wasn't smokin' a cigar, she asked. "Where are we going?"

"Th' Entertainment District." Kazaar pulled th'speeder into th'skylanes. "Gotta call from th'Wannabes. 'Parently they saw th'Burning Forest at Th'Kandy Kane."

Estelle still cringed at Kazaar's nickname for Zadge Talran and Dayboy. Th'two were th'first recruits she'd even found and, even if they weren't th'most experienced o'people, did a good job. But Kazaar had t'treat 'em like inferiors...she brushed aside her thoughts. "Lubomir Forrest, the Imperial High General?"

"Yup." Kazaar smirked. "Guy's 'parently a regular there. Has his own special room'n all."

"What where the Wanna--" Th'Kid cursed at usin' Kazaar horrid name for 'em. "Doing at the Kandy Kane?"

Th'Rebel spy chuckled. "Wouldja believe tryin' t'get Specks laid." He smirked again. "Always figured that girlfriend o'his..."

"She's not his girlfriend..."

"Shaddup, Kid. I always figured she'd do it." Another chuckle. "Get this...guy was so excited t'be o'use, he frackin' forgot why he was there. Ain't that a kaffer."

"Kazaar, why are we headed there?"

Th'look in 'er partner's face turned deadly serious. "Black Man may've checked out th'new addition, but I wanna see what she can do 'erself. Way I figure that general's a sittin' duck." An evil grin came on Kazaar's face and he angled his gaze towards Mili. "Wanna deal th'Empire a blow?"

SWFans.Net Poster

This one goes up to 11.
    AKA
    Morg
    k'Vik had silently accepted the gloves. Kazaar, when it came to action, lacked nonsense. Ironically, it entertained her.

Most of what followed flew over her head. She had no idea what either were alluding to until Forrest came up.

"I'll happily bloody the Imperial nose." Her face brightened slightly, and the left side of her mouth pulled upward. It was true. Originally Milivikal hadn't cared for either side. She had no interest in the Rebellion's causes, and did not care about the Imperial machine so long as it left her alone. The Imperial machine had not left k'Vik to her own devices. It would suffer her careful wrath, but especially Esalis.
    Last edited by Milivikal k'Vik; Sep 13th, 2008 at 10:26:54 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Estelle gave her partner a sideways look. She did not feel they needed to try Mili, nor did she agree with going looking for trouble, like Aurelias did.

But, it was interesting to note k'Vik's response, and neither of the two agents missed it. Was she here just for a lark, or was there something more to it? For now, they couldnt tell, but what was important was that she showed a respectable eagerness for the task, but without the crazy, Empire-hating zeal that some new recruits displayed - a trait that was dangerous to the rookie as well as to those around him. Mili was self-possessed. An encouraging sign.

The Black Man may just know what he is doing after all.

"We dont want undue attention, Aurelias" Estelle warned, still not liking the plan. She turned to Mili, "We get in quick and quiet. Send a message, thats all"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

Th'speeder continued its trek through Coruscant air traffic, Kazaar keepin' a pretty normal pace. "Shouldn't we be concerned the General will leave before we get there?" Estelle was concerned their sidemission would result in failure and unneeded deaths.

"Nah. 'Parently Forrest doesn't go see his 'girls' that often. So he likes spendin' 'quality time' with 'em when he does. If ya get m'drift." Kazaar gave a dirty smirk, then pulled th'speeder outta traffic, headin' down towards th'entertainment district.

Th'city planet 'round th'three changed from sophistication, t'a more garish look. Large signs proclaimin' where th'casinos, dance clubs, an' restaurants replaced th'more demure government offices and business buildings.

Kazaar slid th'speeder into an alley and turned towards Mili. "Two blocks down is th'Kandy Kane. Forrest's room is on th'left side." He relayed th'info, as if he were talkin' 'bout th'weather and not plottin' th'death of an Imperial general. "Or that's what Specks said. We'll be waitin'.

"Don't frack up."

SWFans.Net Poster

This one goes up to 11.
    AKA
    Morg
    Mili shot him a glance that stated, under no uncertain terms, that there would be no fracking whatsoever. She peeled herself out of the speeder, and into the drizzle outside. She heard the Kandy Kane before she saw the entrance. Loud "dance" music thumped inside.

"No cover for you, miss." The bouncer said. k'Vik nodded and smiled slyly. Inside, it was fairly typical strip club fair. Dim, flashing lights, hardly clad females of multiple species. She'd been to such places before, but rarely, and only for business purposes. The Kandy Kane was also much larger than the other establishments. Typical of it's Coruscant location, it was multiple levels. She had three stairways to climb before she got near the VIP lounge.

The music pounded on, but not for her. She filtered the noise out. She was left with a lot of heavy breathing and rubbing noises. Milivikal ignored it while she worked her way toward the VIP area, upstairs. She had no intention of using the lift.

"Whatcha got underneath that coat?" A patron had placed a hand on her shoulder. It was large and sturdy. A Gran's. She turned slowly.

"More than you can handle." Her words came out quietly, but the Gran could hear them perfectly. They carried with them all of her potential dangers, and her ice-blue eyes confirmed them. The hand removed itself. She placed a finger to her lips and shook her head. There were no more interruptions.

The bouncer at the bottom of the stairway and lift simply stood aside. There were a lot of different girls at the club, and they were hired and quit at such a rate that it was easier to simply let an attractive woman by than go through the rigamorole of checking credentials.

There were several doors, but only one on the left. Still clad in gloves, Milivikal gave the handle a twist. It opened.

Forrest was in his uniform, and looked at her expectantly.

"Oh, you'll do, you'll do." he said. On the table, various bits of leather and metal formed into cuffs, a gag, rope, tape, a whip, and other interesting bits of equipment. In a way, it made sense. A man could only be in charge for so much.

"The safe word is ice cream." k'Vik said coldly.

"Ice cream." He repeated, and nodded.

"I want you to put the cuffs on your feet, and then your hands." She instructed, mimicing Esalis's voice. That woman's voice. Ugh. But it fit here. Forrest moved at a sure pace. k'Vik watched with amused satisfaction as he bound himself expertly. He wouldn't be able to do much more than writhe about.

"Have you been bad?" She asked.

"Y... yes." There was some hesitance in his voice. Something about k'Vik made him nervous.

"Do you need to be..." she grabbed the cat o' nine tails, "punished?"

Forrest found the words in his mouth would not come out. He began to yell as she approached, but no sound issued. The tails wipped across his throat. The tips were not supposed to hum, but they did. It sliced through his jugular. k'Vik turned away and left the General to his gurgle. She pulled the coat off, and held it over her shoulder before she walked out the door.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast