Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just when things were going Good (Kazaar)

Adelaide Kasperian-Kazaar

Just when things were going Good (Kazaar)

The man was reluctant to comply and Adelaide's glare made it clear that her patience was being tried.

"An address, a number. I know you know it" she said, her voice sharp.

It was only that he felt a certain sense of guilt towards the woman standing in front of him that he even contemplated obliging her. She held herself so stiffly, a mannerism he remembered that typified her aversion to any form of approachablility or, god forbid, personal closeness. Still, he hesitated to speak.

"He wont know it was you who told me" she assured him.

"He'll know" came the certain reply.

Adelaide paused, deciding whether to cajole or to bully was her best approach at getting the tight-lipped little squirt to talk.

"You owe me atleast a number" She went for the guilt-trip instead.

The man's shoulders sagged slightly. He owed her at least a number.

"Imperial Center - 0944298.65.1" he said as if uttering his own death sentence. Kazaar would know it was him who told her. Who else could she have asked?

Adelaide turned and left without another word.

And Mirko dabbed at his clammy forehead with a handkercheif as he watched her disappear out the door.

And just when his life was going so good.
    Last edited by Adelaide Kasperian-Kazaar; Mar 15th, 2008 at 06:52:22 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So, why does everyone keep calling me Mr. Blonde?

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EquableJarl0 PSN ID: TXViking43
    Coruscant- One Day Later- The Flying Dutchman's hangar

Kazaar swore. What th'frack had th'damn Lizardheads done to his ship? Bad 'nough they'd stolen it inna botched plot t'take out both he and 'The Kid'. But they'd done a number on The Dutchman's paralight system (prolly reprogramming it so it only took Dosh, frackin' Trannies) so the Rebel spy was forced t'have it completely replaced. And, since it was on short order, Kazaar thought he might hafta go through Gorgja t'get it. Or 'least have someone order it for 'im. Turns out, Jason 'The Younger' Russard wanted t'test out a new paralight system his techies been workin' on. So he asked his daughter's 'bodyguard' if he'd be interested innit.

"It may have a glitch or two when you first install it," Russard stated when it'd been delivered, "But, for the most part, it's perfect."

'Cept for the design. The damn thing wouldn't fit in the old housing. And the Brentaal-raised Alderaanian wasn't in th'mood for taking the housing out and installing a new one. He sighed, cursed again, and re-lit his dark cigar. Guess he'd have no choice but t're-install the whole damn thing. Frackin' tech-heads, why couldn't they just pick something that was good and stick with it. 'Least with blasters and vibroblades ya knew what you were getting.

A *twirtle* from 'Trey', Kazaar's R7 droid, caused him t'stick his head outta the engine room. "Spenny's on th'horn? What the hell for?" Sure wasn't t'ask if Kazaar wanted a new sweater. He'd all ready told the info broker, 'Hell no!' on that one.

The noise Trey made sounded like he had no idea. Kazaar exited the engine room, grabbing an oil-soaked rag t'wipe his hands off, and pressed the button on the comm.

"Spenny. Whatta ya want? I'm busy 'ere"

"There's big trouble Aurelias! Big--"

"Yeh yeh, tell m'something I don't know. I gotta ship that ain't gonna reach hyperspace if I don't speak Dosh and that's one of a couple I don't speak."

Spenny made a face like he had something important t'say but couldn't, N-no Aurelias. You don't un-understand. There's someone coming. She's coming!"

Kazaar rolled his black eyes, "Spit it out Spenny. I ain't got all day. Hang on a second, someone at th'entrance to th'hangar." The former bounty hunter sauntered towards the hangar door, his Bryar blaster ready for 'bout anything.

Kazaar'd left the transmission open forra couple reasons. If this were another trap, Spenny could let 'The Kid' know she needed t'get to her ship and let the Rebels know she needed a new partner. Spenny might be a nervous titch but 'least he got th'job done. Plus, if it was this mysterious 'she' the info broker was talking 'bout, Kazaar might be able t'get an explanation as to why the frack Spenny told 'er 'bout this place.

Win win. Right?

Mirko Spendrim
    Mirko had twitched and twittered to himself for half a day trying to make up his mind whether to make the call to Kazaar, or not. Twice Mu Satach, his boss from Cloud 9, had told him to stop his fidgeting and chippering out loud and go find something useful to do to get him out from under her feet.

But it was hard to focus. He'd made a call behind Adelaide's back to warn Aurelias once before, a long time ago to be sure....and the result of that had been disasterous.

It was difficult to determine just what was loyalty and what was stickin' his nose in where it wasn't wanted. Mirko's natural indecision-ism made it hard for him to differentiate - he wasnt good in cloudy waters, never had been. And he often forgot that he did not always have all the facts.

How was he to know (he reasoned to himself out loud, which earned him a longsuffering sigh from Mu) that he'd been wrong about the affair? She'd never really had a thing. But Adelaide had never denied it, even when the truth all came out - something which Mirko never could understand. He guessed since Kazaar had already beat the bejeeshu out of the young soldier-boy she'd been hanging around with - there had been no point. Recrimination, and all that rubbish. The damage had been done.

Mirko did not want a repeat performance of, in Kazaar's words, things being royally screwed up.

"Whatever it is, make a decision, man!" Mu's exasperated cry cut into Mirko's thoughts.

Yeah, make a decision. Thats what he had to do.

And so he'd made the call.

"Adelaide's in town" he said at last, and waited for it to hit the fan.
    Last edited by Mirko Spendrim; Jan 5th, 2008 at 08:41:31 PM. Reason: typo

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

"You gotta be frackin' kidding me..." Kazaar almost dropped his cigar from his mouth. In fact, it did slide from his lips and he caught it with his right hand. Burning ash fell across his hand and the Rebel spy swore again.

What th'frack was she doing here? What in the blue frack was she doin' here? The split was pretty clear, "Stay th'hell away from me!" they'd both said it t'each other, after Adelaide walked outta The Dutchman. So why th'hell was she back?

"Let's get this damn thing over with," Kazaar muttered, Spenny forgotten f'the moment and strode t'the door to his hangar, smoke billowin' from his mouth. He yanked it open and spied the woman.

"Why. Are. You. Here."

He looked older, she thought, and a little more weather-worn. But she'd always liked that about him. The toughness, the rough edge. It had thrilled her, back in the day, to see his black eyes soften whenever he'd looked her way. The harshness in them would fade and a hint of tenderness would shadow through for a split second. There were no tender shadows now, however, just open hostility.

She had expected no less.

He appeared more composed than she'd anticipated, though. Mirko must have called - the interfering little gnome was still Kazaar's most steadfast fan, it would seem. Some love-affair those two had going.

"Hello Aurelias" she said, levelley. "I see you are as gracious as ever"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

Kazaar crossed his arms, fire still in his eyes. "Wasn't it you the one who said, 'don't talk t'me again'."

Smoke billowed from his mouth, "So don't come t'me asking t'be civil, Del. Ya never were t'begin with.

"Now answer m'damn question. Why. Are. You. Here."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If I have to clean up Kazaar after a drunken night of binge drinking one more time there will be HELL to pay!

"Why who's here?"

He had not seen Estelle walk up, but she'd come from behind Adelaide, a big goofy smile on her face as she joined the pair.

She stood beside the new comer and gave a short wave of her hand in welcome, "Hi"

Then, half-turning to look at her partner, she couldn't be sure, but did Kazaar just groan?

Mirko Spendrim
    Mirko leaned toward the vacant holovid,

"Kazaar, you still there? Hello?"

He tapped the screen gingerly, it looked to him like it was still working.

Who's this? Adelaide couldn't put the girl with Kazaar, that would just be weird.

"Hi, Im Adelaide, Kazaar's wife" she said, extending a hand toward Estelle.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

"Kad Ha'rangir take me," Kazaar cursed again. He'd forgotten the Kid was on 'er way over. They'd just gotten 'nother message from 'The Black Man'. Something 'bout a big meeting inna week or so.

"Ex-wife, Kid." he corrected Del pretty quickly, "She's m'ex-frackin'-wife."

"Actually...not exactly Ex" Adelaide began, skipping a quick, nervous look to Aurelias then back to the girl beside her.

She looked quite sweet, and Adelaide was puzzled as to the connection between she and Kazaar, but considered it was fortunate the girl was here. Kazaar was not likely to take the news of their marriage not having been disolved eight years ago, too well.

"I didn't catch your name...?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

"Hold everything, Del. Whatta ya frackin' mean we're still--aw hell, get in 'ere," Kazaar hissed as he opened the hangar door all th'way then motioned for th'two women t'enter. When they had, the apparently still married, Kazaar shut it with a *SLAM*.

"Whatta ya mean we're still married? Ya sent me th'divorce documents and I signed and sent 'em back." he glowered at Del, "Don't tell me ya didn't frackin' file 'em!"

"Umm...Kazaar..."

"Shaddup, Spenny! I ain't done with ya," more smoke came from Kazaar's lips, "So what'd ya f'get t'file 'em? Or did ya decide t'make my life another livin' hell?"

"Calm down, Aurelias"

Of course, that was the worse thing to say - it always made him madder when she said that, but it popped out. Talk about waving the red flag..

"And no, I didn't file them" she said defensively to pre-empt his ballistic response - as if that should explain everything.

"And is that Mirko on the line?" she made to cross over and give the wretched troll a peice of her own mind, but Kazaar stepped in front of her to block her way.

His hands were balled into fists, she noticed, and he was wound as tight as a coiled spring.

"I--I moved, and packed them away some where" she said, adjusting to his intimidation. "It just never got done"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

"Uh-huh" Kazaar's face remained in its scowl, "Why do I have a tough time believin' that."

Adelaide shrugged as if t'say, 'why would you think that?'

"Del, let's cut th'crap. Why're ya here? It ain't t'reminisce that's f'sure." he then muttered under his breath, "That was th'case, ya woulda done this after I had that 'talk' with ya boytoy."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If I have to clean up Kazaar after a drunken night of binge drinking one more time there will be HELL to pay!

Boy-what? This was getting waay too personal and was Estelle's cue to bug out.

"I'm just gonna (she arrowed with her finger towards the exit and gave Kazaar a squirrly look).." This was one mess he was on his own with.

"I'll, um, see you later..."

It was more a question than anything and she really doubted Kazaar even heard her, he was so steamed.

"Ok then" she bowed gracefully and backed out, sliding the door with as little noise as was possible, but the dang thing hadnt been greased in ages and squealed the whole way.

A last look at the angry pair and Estelle realised there were a thousand questions running through her head.

Kazaar's mention of Loran took her aback. So, that wound still cut him deep even after all this time.

Adelaide was sorry for that.

"Im not here to reminisce" she said, leaning around Aurelias and pressing the End Transmission button, deleting Mirko's image from sight.

"I need help" she said, getting straight to the point,now that they were alone. "Money specifically, and a place to stay"

She held his eyes, a certain defiance in her appeal. This was not an easy thing for her to ask.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

"Did I say I was done talkin' with Spenny?" Kazaar *grarummphed* in Adelaide's face. She had this annoyin' thing 'bout being headstrong. Kinda like Ash and 'The Kid'. 'Course neither of them'd stabbed him in th'back.

"And somehow I ain't surprised ya need creds. What'd ya fracking do this time? Try t'swindle a Hutt outta his credits?" a snort, "Gorgja might be a bastard of th'highest order, but he always said, 'Once a thief always a thief'."

"Dont quote your slimey friends to me, Kazaar" she spat back at him. Who the heck was he to lecture her?

"You always did hold too much store in those looser types"

She squared her shoulders and took a breath before continuing. "Im just in some trouble right now and I wouldn't come to you if there was anyone else, you know that.

I need somewhere, just for a little while."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

Kazaar wanted Del gone. Wanted 'er gone now, "I know a couple guys who'll put ya up, but it sure as hell won't be me. We've gone down that path before, babe. And I ain't in th'mood t'have sloppy seconds.

"Or thirds f'that matter."

"You always were an idiot" she said, making no attempt to hide her exasperation.

"I dont want to set up house as husband and wife - nothing could be further from my mind. I just need some where safe. You do still have your bad reputation, dont you?"

Kazaar squinted blankly at her through his cigar smoke.

"I thought so. Two days, tops. Give me two days and you wont ever see or hear from me again, I promise."

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast