Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanis Prent and the Urns of Korriban, Pt. 2

TheHolo.Net Poster

120 pounds of tail, claws, and libido. She's like a slice of delicious, poisonous pie, with extra carnal sauce.

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Holly

Closed Thread Sanis Prent and the Urns of Korriban, Pt. 2

Fey'dann, Carshoulis Cluster
    Tap, tap, tap.

Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.

Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.

Sasseeri Reeouurra drummed her fingers on the arm of her seat impatiently. "jI do not ljike bejing kept jin the darrrk, Olorrrjin." She glowered at her employee.

"Of course not, Sasseeri." Kal might have bowed his head a little, but her eyes were adjusting from being inside her tent and she couldn't quite tell. "I'm afraid its a bit of a walk."

She brightened at that, even though she wasn't looking forward to walking into the bright sunrise and getting damp with the dew. "Ah, the rrroom!" The Black Sun Vigo rose from her deck chair, pulling her silky robe tightly around her nightclothes. "Get Cljine up, I want hjim herrre for thjis."

Olorin did nod at that, and ducked into the pavilion behind her. Tick and Tock, her identical twin Twi'leki bodyguards, flanked her silently, shades on their eyes protecting them from the brilliance of the rising sun.

Sasseeri looked towards the east, and muttered a prayer under her breath to Sanjarra, goddess of the Sun. She never prayed while she was away from the Cluster, but the old traditions seemed to hold more weight while inside the Pride.

Kal re-emerged from the tent, a disheveled and sleepy-eyed Michael Cline just behind him. "This way. Mr. Kellen Ferr is very excited and said you had to see this. Mr. Kandle is there already."

The Cizerack half-breed rubbed her hands together with excitement, and nodded. "Lead the way then."

you make me come... you make me complete...
    you make me completely miserable

I led the way. Not that she didn't know where we were going - the dig site wasn't exactly camoflauged, and even this early in the morning the Fey'dann star was beating down viciously. But Sassy has her quirks, and telling people what to do and when and how to do it is one of them. She gets really upset if she's preempted in giving a command.

Forty-odd Cizerack males were lounging around the dig site, the other thirty or so sleeping in their makeshift camp just beyond the excavation. The doc, Ferr, was hopping around excitedly, his high-pitched voice carrying over to us as he chattered at the silent and masked Grym Kandle. The assassin was not replying, merely observing. Probably plotting how he would dispose of the intellectual after Sassy was done with him.

I'd help him, too.

"Ms. Reeouurra!" Kellen waved as we got close. "The room, it is just here as I said it would be." He sounded slightly amazed - whether he doubted himself or was just surprised at how astoundingly smart he was I couldn't tell.

"someone win / someone lose / up's above and down's below
    and limbo's in between / up you win, down you lose / it's anybody's game

Grym Kandle
    Grym was comfortable. This had been a small break and nearly a vacation so far. Grym wondered if it was coming to the end of the vacation for Mr. Dr. Because there was Sasseeri with her mass produced twi'leks and then Olorin and the kid. Reeouurra looked about as impatient as she could have been relieved that they had reached some kind of climax in their work finally. He stood with her arrival and the chattering nonsense of the Dr. turned its direction upon the Vigo without hesitation. Olorin gave the small man a look that Grym figured he would probably have shared if Grym had bothered to pay any attention to what actually came out of the Doc's mouth.

Michael Cline
    He had scrambled to at least look somewhat decent for Ms. Sasseeri - even at this early hour he doubted looking like a complete bum would be acceptable. He stretched as they headed for the excavation site, and he shook the evening's cobwebs from his brain. Ferr was raving on about something, completely enraptured in the sound of his own voice, or maybe it was his own presumed intelligence.

He didn't know, he didn't precisely care. He cared about what Ms. Sasseeri cared about, namely - results. He rubbed his back with a yawn and tried to at least seem to be paying attention to the egghead. He picked up most of it though, or at least the most important part.

"The room, it is just here as I said it would be."

Results. This was sure to please Ms. Sasseeri.

TheHolo.Net Poster

120 pounds of tail, claws, and libido. She's like a slice of delicious, poisonous pie, with extra carnal sauce.

AKA
    Holly
    She gave Ferr a steady look, a gust of wind whipping her robe around her legs. "The rrroom locked wjith unlockable locks?"

He faltered, and nodded. "Just so. You wanted to be notified when we had progress, and I haven't had a chance to look at the locks closely yet..."

Sasseeri smiled, and stepped down into the hole, the dark dirt of Fey'dann crumbling around her small feet. Olorin grabbed her arm to steady her, and the doctor hopped down into the dig with her. There was just enough room for all three to stand in front of an obviously man-made underground wall. She traced her fingers across carvings that were still mostly filled with dirt, and then brushed her hands together to get the soil off of them.

"The doorrr?" Ferr jumped into action, showing her the faint outline of a door, though it had no locks in sight or even any hinges or doorknobs.

"I believe that this was designed by a Force sensitive, Ms. Reeouurra." He used a tool and some water on the door, revealing more of the same carved script that was used elsewhere on the room. "This says... 'Only the pure in hatred can open this portal to -'"

"Do we have enough explosijves to take carrre of thjis?" Sasseeri looked at Olorin, who hesitated, then nodded. "Good. jI want an ultrrrasound of the jinterrrjiorrr completed beforrre jI'm done wjith brrreakfast."

Ferr spluttered with scholastic outrage, but the Vigo ignored him, climbing out of the pit and reaching up for Cline's hand as she got close to the top. He helped her out of the excavation, and she smiled at him before frowning down at her ruined silk robe and filthy slippers. "jI'll be at brrreakfast. jI want thjis open as soon as possjible."

She started back towards her tent, and motioned to Grym Kandle, bringing the assassin over to her side. "Keep an eye on thjings herrre, Mr. Kandle. Therrre arrre too many bejings herrre that mjight decjide to steal frrrom me." She gestured at the resting Cizerack males, but then added, "And Ferrrr mjight decjide he wants to prrrotect the sjite from desecrrratjion. Thjis jis hjis ljife's worrrk, afterrr all. jI don't want hjim havjing any holo's of thjis ejitherrr."

Sassy climbed out of the hole in the ground, leaving me down there with Kellen Ferr. He pulled out a holocam and started recording. "This is incredible. I mean, I believed it would be here, but..." He turned towards me, cam still on, and I pushed it away from my face.

"Hey, knock it off." I eyeballed the 'door', and asked, "How thick do you think this is? The wall."

"I'm not sure... at least a metre." The holocam switched off, and he added, "Ms. Reeouurra was joking about the explosives, wasn't she?" There was a lot of doubt in his voice.

"Uh, sure. Yeah, just joking. She's always kidding around." I gave him a sideways look when he turned away, and shook my head. Hopeless. "Look, I'm going to get the scanning equipment so we know what we're getting into."

Ferr was translating the runes carved on the unearthed wall, dictating to his holocam as he filmed each rune. I sighed, and climbed out of the excavation. Cline was up there, looking down with a strange look on his face. "Wanna go down there before we blow it up?" I jerked my thumb at the wall. "Have a look, it won't be there for long."

Michael Cline
    "Wanna go down there before we blow it up? Have a look, it won't be there for long."

He managed to nod, and little more. Since he'd gotten near the excavation site today, something had seemed off. An odd buzzing in the back of his brain while he stared at the 'door' in front of him. He tried not to pay attention to the egghead, but something he'd said had stood out in his mind. "Only the pure in hatred can open this portal to -", he'd been cut off by Ms. Sasseeri before he could finish what he was saying - but Cline'd heard enough.

Sudoku... Kyashi... used to talk about things like this. The will of the force, the power of the darkside. Back when Cline'd hung on every word that poured from his lips he had taken it all in, wanted to be just like him. A darksider, what he was staring at now brought back all of those old thoughts. Made him feel like Sudoku was standing there next to him, egging him on.

He slid down the side of the excavation site and headed over. Ferr was still frittering about, talking into his holocam and going on and on about his incredibleness. Whatever. Michael let his hand wander over the harsh stone of the blocked passageway until his fingers traced along the inscriptions Ferr had been reading from before.

"Hey, egghead." The red haired youth motioned, "What does this part say? This part here?" He tapped the stone with one finger as the geek leaned in to look at the inscription.

"That? That's the information about opening the door. Just as I said before, 'Only the pure in hatred can open this portal to...'" he tuned him out at that. That's what he'd wanted to hear again. Pure in hatred - Sith, darksiders. The inscription was about them - he'd had some training down that path, not much but maybe... nah it was crazy. Those were crazy thoughts, Cline. He turned away from the door, shaking his head and walking away a few paces.

Then again... he glanced back at it. Could it hurt to try? If he succeeded Ms. Sasseeri would probably be elated. He liked the idea of pleasing Ms. Sasseeri, if Ms. Sasseeri were happy, it usually meant he was happy. He spread his feet out, settling himself as he stared at the stone before him. Ferr was still standing about raving on and on about the passageway. Heh, he'd give the geek something to really talk about. He closed his eyes and focused on his hate, his parents death, their killer... but it wasn't there. The raw burning fury he'd had for the event before had subsided. He'd killed Sudoku, their murderer - and for all intents moved on to a better life.

What else did he have that he could hate that much? Thoughts flashed back to when he had began his new career, and encountered an assassin attempting to end Ms. Sasseeri - he had come so close to losing his new perfect life. To losing everything again - and he hated that thought. He let it fester, the rage - the aggression let it boil over to the point of insanity, and then fought through, focusing on the stone before him. Hands stretched out before him, as if trying to grasp the stone from the distance he was at he focused, seeing the stone move, thinking of nothing else.

His muscle's tensed, his brow began to drip with sweat - but nothing was coming of it. No matter how much he focused it seemed futile. He was considering stopping before he gave himself a stroke when he heard the sound. The grind of stone against stone - his eyes flung open and he watched as the dust and dirt covering the thin separation of the door and it's surroundings began to shake free - and the stone creaked forward an inch.

He was doing it - he couldn't stop now, he had to press on. He gritted his teeth and focused harder, the edges of his vision turning white in pressure as he continued to motion, working to pull that stone free from it's constraint. Ferr had just noticed what was going on, and stood silently, almost shocked in disbelief. The door gave another inch and he struggled to take another, and another after that. So much pressure - so much force exerted to try and move the block, he felt as if he were about to... oh...

The white edges of his vision turned dark and his vision doubled as he started to lose his footing. Mouth dry he started to tumble down to one side, landing unceremoniously as everything went dark. 4 inches, it had taken every ounce of energy he could muster, and some that had come from he knew not where to move the stone 4 inches before the force finally got to him. Solemnly his world went dark around him as he passed out.

Grym Kandle
    Grym nodded, his mask barely moving. He glanced to the workers lounging to the side, considered their numbers and possible strength and left it there for now. Circumstance would have to be taken into consideration for him to determine how to gain the proper advantage if it ever came down to it.

And the doctor... was as good as dead. A simple situation, like flipping a light switch, all Sasseeri had to do was say the word and the switch flipped on in that case.

"As you say, Vigo... Did you hear that?"

Grym didn't think they'd be that quick to use the explosives already but then again it didn't seem like any kind of explosive, merely the slightest tremble, like stone moving against stone, the grinding of the ground beneath them.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    She did indeed. Sasseeri stood still for a moment as a grinding sound seemed to be coming from the dig site just behind them, but it stopped shortly after starting. Turning around she saw Kal shout and slide down into the large excavation, and she frowned. "What the frrrell was that."

Picking up the edges of her robe the Vigo hurried back to the dig, Cizerack males scattering from her path even as they tried to crowd around and see what was going on. "Out of my way!" Shoving a paticularly slow male from in front of her, Sasseeri pushed to the forefront and stared down into the pit. "Rrreporrrt Olorrrrjin!"

He looked up from where he was kneeling in the dirt next to Cline. "I'm not sure what happened. I told him he could take a look and he was... and then things started moving and he passed out." Kal pried up Michael's eyelids and added, "He seems to be fine - just unconscious for now."

Sasseeri turned her attention to Dr. Ferr, and he shrugged, one hand on the doorway that was now several centimeters extended from the rest of the wall. "He asked me what the runes said, but before I finished telling him..." The doctor's face went white underneath the smudges of dirt. "He's an adept, isn't he." He scrambled backwards away from Cline's prone body, as though proximity to him would implicate him in the crime of being a Force sensitive.

"Gjive me a brrreak," she growled, hands on her hips as she stared down at the three males. "Who gjives a drrrren what he jis orrr jisn't. You'rrre bejing well funded, Ferrrrr, don't forrrget jit. As farrr as you'rrre concerrrned, he's just a terrrrrjible secrrretarrry." She turned to the closest male and snapped her fingers. "Get hjim out of therrre and to my tent. NOW!"

The Cizerack jumped into action, leaping down into the excavation and helping Olorin gather up Cline's unconscious body. Rather, Olorin helped the bulky Cizerack, as Michael's lighter frame was hardly a burden to the muscular male. As they came up out of the dig and passed her, the Vigo turned to Grym Kandle, who was standing silently by her.

"Change of plans. Get the next locatjion out of the doctorrr, and then terrrmjinate hjim. jI don't need hjim compljicatjing thjis up by calljing in the jInqujisjitorrrate ljike a good cjitjizen." She turned on her heel and stalked towards her tent. Michael Cline would need some tending to.

She hadn't expected him to take such initiative, and even though he'd been unsuccessful it was a good sign. He was almost ready.

Cline was out cold. His vitals were still steady, and I felt a little stupid trailing after the Cizerack who was carrying him to Sassy's tent. I could have carried him myself, of course, and Sassy was just being considerate by giving me a pack animal to do the heavy lifting. Still, I didn't like feeling useless.

I pulled back the main flap of fabric that concealed the opening to her tent, letting the smelly Cizerack bring in Cline. I threw a blanket over the messy sheets on the bed, to protect the silk from dirt, and instructed the male to lay Cline down. He did so, looking around wide-eyed at the Vigo's inner sanctum. I glared at him and ordered him out.

Sassy brushed by the male as he exited, coming into the room. "How jis he rrreally?"

"Without a cerebral scanner, it would be impossible to tell if he's suffered brain damage from... whatever it was he was doing." Force users made me uncomfortable, though Kellen Ferr had looks positively terrified. The thought made me smile, just a little. I turned to hide it from Sasseeri and retrieved a medpac as she slipped out of her muddy robe.

Setting it on the bed beside Cline, I pulled out a medlog scanner and attached it to his wrist. The telltales gleamed green, which was good. For him, anyway. "There, everything seems to be okay. Doesn't seem to be worse than if he'd gotten hit on the head."

"Good." She sat next to me on the bed, brushing back Cline's red hair from his closed eyes. "jI hate to lose jinvestments too earrrly."

I watched her, looking down at a tufted ear where it attached to her slim neck. Sassy's platinum blond hair was in a messy bun, and for a moment she almost seemed vulnerable as she looked down at her newest object of affection.

Almost.

"If you don't mind me asking... why..?" I hesitated, trying to choose my words carefully. "Why him? If you want an adept, I'm sure there are some that are better... trained. More advanced."

"And wjith thejirrr own loyaltjies alrrready, no doubt as well." Sassy looked up at me, one hand on Michael's shoulder. "You'rrre jealous."

My eyes went flat. "I know my duties." Before I could push off of the bed, she grabbed the back of my neck with her free hand and pulled my head down for a kiss. I resisted, for about a nanosecond, and then I pressed my lips against hers.

After a few long minutes we had to come up for air, and she smiled. It was almost cold, a calculating smile which meant she knew she still owned me. Half-breeds are just like other Cizerack, they still need to know they're in control. I might not wear a collar like the other males outside the tent, but like I said - I know my duties.

And I was jealous. Sassy released my neck, and I pushed away from the bed and her as fast as I could without making it look like I was running away. "I'll see about opening that room for you."

"See that you do." Her voice was husky and dripping with all sorts of promises. I ducked out of the tent and into the bright morning sunlight.

Michael Cline
    Mikey, Mikey, Mikey... the familiar voice echoed through his mind. What WERE you trying to do? You're not strong enough to do something like that, you never have been... Just like that, the setting changed from the swirling black nothing to his home. A home he hadn't seen or set foot in, in what seemed like at least a year now.

Turning sharply he tried to get his bearings, where was the voice, where was Kyashi?! He turned again and harsh fingers wrapped around his throat, forcing him back against a wall. Hello, Mikey. with almost a purr he held him there, the darkest part of Michael's past. Darth Sudoku, Kyashi. He swallowed and struggled against a grasp that simply wouldn't loosen.

I had such hopes for you Mikey, and you were such a bitter disappointment. Gritting his teeth he continued to pull, Why should I even let you keep your waster life? Why indeed? What had he done with it, when it all came down to it. He had taken in with Ms. Sasseeri and the rest of her staff. Off on some grand adventure for an artifact that was now clearly of Sith origin.

You use the Darkside, but you fight it's control... Mikey.... Kyashi's voice almost whispering as he held him in place - and he laughed at the redhead's pain. Say something, Michael. Please, I'm waiting.

"I killed you." He growled out lowly, "I'd kill you again, and when I am done... I WILL be strong enough to not only have moved that stupid door... but to have killed you a hundred times over!" Sudoku just laughed, "Mikey... Mikey... Mikey... Michael."

Slowly he rubbed a hand over his face, and groaned loudly, a dream. It'd been a dream... his eyes opened and he tried to adjust to the sudden light, finally things became clear and Ms. Sasseeri was leaning over him - tending to her injured assistant. "M...Ms. Sasseeri -I'm sorry..." He managed to stutter out the words, still trying to get a bearing on himself. "...I thought if I moved it, I could make you happy..."

Grym Kandle
    The switch had been flipped.

"Please follow me, Doctor."

The scenario playing out before Grym wasn't much of his concern anymore. The awareness was there but the best part of being in a business like this was that really all one had to do was mind their own business. Grym's voice was stoicly polite as he requested that the Doctor follow him outside. The Doctor looked back to the door and hesitated, giving Grym enough of an excuse as a gloved hand fluidly slipped around the small man's collar and he was suddenly being drug out of the dig site.

The man squabbled and made a loud noise long enough for Grym to have to stop and turn around, a thin blade appearing from seemingly nowhere as it pressed against the human's exposed neck. Needless to say, it was painful.

"Doctor, I don't need you to be able to speak in order to get the information out of you that the Vigo needs. Don't force me to take do that because you will not survive the wound either. I want you to live through this and continue to study these ruins to your heart's content."

A blatant lie. And the mechanical voice coming from the mask didn't have any intonation to make that last part even soothing either. The entire threat had been as if Grym were almost bored with existence itself.

Out of sight and earshot, Grym dropped the doctor against the side of a stone column and let the dead man's heart rate subside before Kandle squatted in front of him, his elbows resting on his knees as his marble white mask peered at Ferr with its one blood red eye. The other eye of the mask was only a line, as if it were peacefully asleep. The HUD on the inside of the mask was giving Ferr's vitals at the moment and analyzing his anatomy for Grym's convenience.

"Listen very carefully, Doctor. While the others are handling the current situation, the Vigo asked me to have this conversation with you out of the way so that I could get all the information without being interrupted."

"But... but that adept..."

One slender hand reached out with two fingers and touched just above Ferr's knee gently and then twisted as Ferr finished the word 'adept'. Ferr screamed in response but it was stifled as the blade appeared between the fingers of Grym's hand again and was again rested against the man's neck. The poor man was perspiring like sweat was going out of style.

"Focus, Doctor. The Vigo said that matter did not concern you. Right now, I want to know where the other two sites are. If you do not focus on the matter at hand, I will give you something to be mindful of. The pain will subside in the next 30 seconds and it will actually feel better than it did before. Elaborate at your leisure, Doctor..."

The man took several deep breaths, his hands resting on his knee, as he gulped a few times, his eyes rolling a bit before he looked at the serene mask before him. This was nothing new to Grym and it was actually rather routine in some aspects but Kandle did hate to drag things out. Too much time was spent in such an action and Grym was much more for just a clean kill, the span of seconds, and then there would be no more to Dr. Ferr. Merely a new object, very much like a log that was generally referred to as a corpse.

"Vjun... I think... The next location should be-"

"Think, or know, Doctor?"

"Yes, Vjun, yes, there are ruins... They can be seen from orbit, I marked the exact coordinates... In my datapad, here, in my pocket... there... and... Dantooine..."

"Its all in your datapad, you are sure?"

"... Absolutely..."

"Are you tired, Doctor?"

Ferr nodded his head slowly, wincing his face slowly as he adjusted to get more comfortable. Grym reached out with his hand and ran his hand down the doctor's face slowly, closing the man's eyes gently.

"Sleep then, Doctor. I'm glad you chose not to lie to me."

Grym stood slowly, pursed his lips behind the mask as he thought for a moment. Give it five minutes, maybe, and the man would be dead. Kandle had crushed an artery in the man's leg which had clotted and the man had been technically dead ever since then. Grym would give the dead man his time to enjoy the few moments of sleep before he drifted off from this plane altogether and then he would grab the datapad and hand it to the Vigo. He hated when things had to be drawn out.

Vjun, huh? Interesting.
    Last edited by Grym Kandle; May 7th, 2007 at 07:04:27 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "...I thought if I moved it, I could make you happy..."

Sasseeri tsked and plumped up the pillow behind him as he struggled to sit up. "Don't be rjidjiculous, you make me morrre than happy wjithout even trrryjing. Don't you rrrecall last njight?" She winked suggestively and let her hand trail down his rumpled shirt. He smiled, a smile that became a little wicked as her hand kept traveling downwards.

She reluctantly returned to a serious topic, reaching up to smooth out her hair and re-do it into a sleek ponytail as she talked. "So therrre jis nothjing to be sorrrrry about - jin fact, jI am verrry excjited about what happened at the doorrr." Her eyes gleamed, and she added, "Just because you couldn't get jit all the way open jis nothjing to be ashamed of. The legend jis that thjis tomb was constrrructed by severrral Sjith Lorrrds worrrkjing togetherrr. One adept agajinst all that ..."

Sasseeri paused. "You wjill not trrry agajin, howeverrr. We arrre blowjing the doorrr as planned. No need to prrroclajim that jI have a Forrrce sensjitjive worrrkjing forrr me. jIt would brrrjing unwanted... attentjion."

I sneezed twice on my way to the ship. Sun sneezes, which are too annoying for words.

There was a decided lack of commotion in the camp as I crossed from Sassy's tent to the ship. It was covered with a huge camo-tarp to protect it from detection - from the air anyway. Its sort of hard to miss a huge freighter when you're walking up to it, no matter what you've draped over the top.

I ducked into the cool interior, and was immediately presented with an in-your-face view of the contraption Sassy had contracted the doctor to build. It was like a huge mobile, or one of those 3-D diagrams of a solar system, except it wasn't just one solar system. There appeared to be about twenty incorporated into the mechanical beast. Kellen Ferr had gone on at length about how it could be manipulated by hand to create coordinates... blah blah blah. I hadn't paid much attention, to be honest. All that mattered was that it worked.

I walked through the main cargo bay to the far side, where the other equipment was being kept. After we got a good look on the inside of the locked room that was locked with unlockable locks with a localized sensor sweep I would set charges and blow the thing to kingdom come. And then we'd get to leave this planet. The Cluster made me nervous. And it made Sasseeri nervous too, though you wouldn't know it to look at her.

I shouldered the equipment I needed, and made my way back to the dig.

Michael Cline
    Ms. Sasseeri had a way of making her point clear, in many cases VERY clear. He smiled at the kind words she gave him, and more so at her rather friendly touch. He did enjoy making her happy - it meant he was doing his job properly. He was glad she wasn't upset with him for trying something so brash, especially in front of their resident nerd. He stretched and pulled himself back into working order, he'd be alright soon enough, after a few moments rest.

The attempt at moving the stone had been more physically and mentally draining than anything he had attempted before. He HAD moved it though... Ky was wrong about him. He wasn't a disappointment, and he'd prove that.

"Of course."

He would have liked trying to move it again, though - just to see if he could do any better in a second attempt. He did feel a bit more confident though, he dare say even a bit stronger. I haven't trained much on my own... the thought left him frowning, for only a moment however - he would have to start. He wanted to be stronger. He WOULD be stronger. He smiled at his employer and nodded again.

"I wouldn't want to bring undue attention to your plans, Ms. Sasseeri."

Grym Kandle
    Grym was walking back from where he'd left the doctor's corpse and matched pace beside Kal Olorin who seemed to be carrying quite a bit of equipment at the moment. The serene face upon his mask conveyed the feeling that Grym wanted it to where most things were concerned, he could care less. He was sure Olorin could manage on his own because Olorin had not been expecting Kandle to appear.

Kandle didn't feel there was any need to talk really. He was about ready to have a stim, the rough edge of the addiction was starting to sink in and he'd rather consider this a little vacation instead of anything else he was sure it could become. The doctor was dead, Grym had the datapad, and was pretty sure the Vigo's next destination was Vjun. He wondered how long she'd like him to stick around. Nothing was really pressing at the moment, and Kandle was sure this simple obligation would outweigh anything else through Sasseeri's simple presence.

They made it back to the outside of the tent, and Grym silently waited for Olorin to take the lead.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Holly
    "Of courrrse not." She tapped him on the nose, and got to her feet. Stripping out of her bedclothes the half-breed Cizerack walked over to her dresser and set out her clothes for the day. "Kal jis gojing to set the charrrges jin the next few mjinutes. jI'd ljike you to get the payment rrready for the matrrrjiarrrch - she'll be expectjing herrr second payment when we send the males back to her today."

Sasseeri's tail twitched lazily as she pulled on a sensible outfit (sensible... if you wanted to seduce your way into an ancient tomb, perhaps). A wide brimmed straw hat over her blonde hair completed her look, and she slipped into a pair of leather sandals. "jI'll be rrrjight back." Michael was still on the bed, looking slightly dazed, as she swept over to the tent flap and pulled it open.

"What jin the!" Sasseeri shoved at Kal, who was unexpectedly looming just outside her tent. "What parrrt of scan the tomb and set the charrrges was djiffjicult to underrrstand!" He juggled a few pieces of equipment as she pushed him again. "Get out of my way!"

"Whaargh!" I took a step back as Sassy came barging out of the tent just as I was about to poke my head inside. As she shoved and pushed at me, I tried to step backwards and out of her way - thankfully Mr. Grim Reaper moved as well so I didn't step on him. The scanner that I'd slung across my back shifted and banged into what I was holding in my hands, leaving me concentrating on holding on and without words as Sassy went into a tirade.

"Just dropping off these... ma'am." She hated being called ma'am. I extricated a pair of headphones which she snatched out of my hands. "For your ears," I explained, unnecessarily. "The noise."

"Well... good." She huffed a bit, turning over the soundproofing 'phones in her perfectly manicured hands. The hat... was ridiculous. "jI was about to get them myself."

"Well, now you don't have to." I winked rougishly, and turned away to hike over to the dig. Grym didn't follow me - I assumed he had business with the Boss.

Setting up the scanning equipment wasn't difficult, merely time consuming. However, it was made easier because Tick or Tock (I can never tell them apart and they don't really talk much) helped me set up. We took seven scans at varying depths and from different angles, getting a dark and grainy picture of the inside of the room. And let me tell you - it was pretty small. The wall was immensely thick, and the room behind it was about as big as the cargo hold of the freighter we'd brought.

Which, was big, but not as big as I'd imagined in my head, I guess. Anyway, the charges would be complicated but again - mostly just set-up. I checked my chrono and saw that two hours had gone by while I was mucking about with the scans at the bottom of the pit (and I do mean mucking about).

"We're pretty much ready to start setting charges!" I shouted up at whoever might be listening. "Need to get rid of the natives first though! Sensitive ears, and all!"

Sasseeri's head and hat appeared at the top of the slope that led down to the mysterious wall. "Cljine jis takjing carrre of that rrrjight now. Go ahead and starrrt settjing them." She waved a datapad at me. "We have ourrr next destjinatjion so the fasterrr we can get out of herrre the betterrr. But don't cut corrrnerrrs!"

"Of course not," I feigned shock, but she'd already disappeared from sight.

Michael Cline
    He watched her walk out and just smiled. He was indeed fortunate to work for someone like Ms. Sasseeri. Standing up he went about changing his own clothes as well - he still had a good suit from the other night he had spent in the tent. He wasn't about to represent Ms. Sasseeri in filthy clothes, it simply wasn't done.

He prepared the payment, programming a few credit chips with the remaining amount owed to the Cizerak Matriach. He had never met her - he doubted he ever would. He was rather thankful for that fact. Dealing with one Cizerak was enough for him. He found the Cizerak males on the far side of the dig - probably just waiting for someone to come send them on their way.

Michael was glad to do just that. He turned over the payment, sent well wishes for the Matriach on behalf of Ms. Sasseeri - after all it was only proper to do so - and sent them packing, finishing up he headed back to the excavation site - they'd be blowing the lid on the door soon, and he definately wanted to be there for that.

Grym Kandle
    She'd taken the news fairly well that Ferr was dead when Grym handed the datapad to the Vigo. Taking the news was more like Grym expected actually. Because she expected him dead, therefore no longer offering any more profit, no mention of Ferr was made. All Sasseeri cared about was the equivalent of his last will and testimony which was invested in even the small amount Grym had bothered to peruse from the datapad and what he'd already been told.

Vjun was their next location and after that Dantooine. Simple. Beyond that, there were more detailed directions in the datapad but Grym was more than aware that wasn't necessarily his business to know so he hadn't bothered going any further into it.

It'd taken that other fellow, Kal, long enough to set up those charges and by then Grym had already gotten his fix satisfied for the time being and he was left lounging less than ten meters away from the Vigo incase she needed him for something as her secretary, Cline, a very unsuspected adept, but not a surprise altogether, returned from giving the Cizeraks the Vigo's gratitude for their appearance and efforts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast