Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominatus Imperium [completed]

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Erin

Dominatus Imperium [completed]

(cont. from here..)

Returning to her rooms that night, Razielle calmly let the servants carry out their duties as if nothing were amiss. If what she suspected were true, it was entirely possible that her activties were being watched, by anyone, everyone. She would need to take great care.

She sat at the elegant vanity and suffered the long minutes that her lady's maid combed out her long hair. She began to formulate a plan. With each stroke of the comb, her tension grew. She had to tell Salem. Now. It could not be left for tomorrow.

A cozy fire was lit, along with several scented tapers, filling the room with warmth, a light floral scent and a soft glow. Frustrated that she was expected not to lift a finger she allowed the maid to assist her in dressing for bed in a short silk gown that reached only to her thighs. Feigning a small yawn, Razielle climbed into her bed.

"Will that be all then, Your Highness?" The maid, seemed unsure of her duties. Another sign that did not set well with her.

"Yes, Thank you."

As the maid moved to take her leave, Razielle halted her with a word. "Wait. I have one more request." Reaching to her bedside table, Razielle penned a small note.

We have catching up to do that cannot wait until a more appropriate hour.

Yours, R

She sealed it with a drop of red wax from the candle and pressed her signet ring into it effectively sealing it shut.

"Hand deliver this to Mr. Ave personally. I expect to hear from him on the morrow that it was recieved with all expediency and no delay. Do you understand?"

"Yes Miss. I shall take it straight away. Good night."

As soon as the door was shut, Razielle leapt from the bed and paced. She now only had to wait.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    The maid approached the door she so dreaded knocking on. Nervously, she passed the letter from one hand to the other – freezing all of a sudden, as the thought of potentially damaging or creasing the envelope made her wince. She steeled herself and with a few silent words and a deep breath, stepped up to the solid wooden door and knocked three times.

Promptly, the door opened. The maid stifled a gasp. Mr. Ave stood shirtless, patting himself with a towel, his torso (so much more defined than she had imagined it) sleek with sweat. The thought that she had interrupted something private was horrifying. The truth of the matter was that Salem had simply been training, exercising.

Salem took the letter from her hands, apologized for his appearance and excused her. The maid could not have left in more of a hurry. While she scurried back to whatever corner of the royal palace she called her home, he read the letter and moments later both it and the envelope it came in were little more than ashes. Slowly, meticulously, he continued to dry himself, then dress himself in a starched white shirt and crimson tie. Over this he wore a charcoal suit. Though it was late in the evening, it was still necessary for him to present an appearance fitting of a man of his stature.

He exited his suite and made his way towards that of the visiting Princess, receiving curt nods of greeting from the night watch guards as he walked. He felt hot still, the colour not yet absent from his cheeks. On at last arriving at Razielle's chamber, he rapped gently on the door.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    Whatever Razielle was expecting, it was not a knock on the door. She wouldn't have been half as surprised for Salem to have popped out from behind the wardrobe or out from a secret entrance built into the lit fire place. She padded barefoot across the room and opened the door. Popping her head out to make sure no one was in the hall, she stepped back allowing him entrance to her room. It would be far better for an unsuspecting servant to assume that the Princess was up to a clandestine meeting than to suspect the truth.

Closing the door, a bit breathless she leaned against it and regarded the man before her. If he was shocked to see the Queen's ward wearing a scrap of silk and nothing else, he didn't remark on it. She was going to have to restrain her more base tendencies, there was much to discuss. Pleasantries of the more depraved sort would have to wait, a little while at least.

"We have a problem..."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “I'll be the judge of that,” he replied with a cold smirk. A brief, cursory glance was cast around the interior of the Razielle's chambers. Mentally he noted certain features, here and there. It was much more luxurious than the space with which he had been provided, of course. Fitting. Returning his attention to the flustered Princess, his eyes met hers expectantly. Speak.

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    At length Razielle explained how she had put to the test how easy it would be to leave the palace walls unobserved. She described everything she had seen in detail, what area's were severely lacking in security and guards and how easy it had been to creep back in. She came to the point and described word for word the conversation she had overheard between General DeSang and the mystery woman, his Master. She described the reverant tones with which he had spoken to her. She also gave Salem a description of the woman and how she had at once become meek and attempted to fade into the woodwork when Razielle approached, which had further aroused her intrigue.

Now, rid of the burden of what she had observed, a deadly calm overcame Razielle. She sat on the edge of her bed and waited patiently for Salem's reaction.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I vant to suk yur blud!

Dalamar was troubled. He stood facing the large fireplace over the mantle was the family crest. There linage went back far as humans counted the passing of time.

His instincts had served him well over the course of his long life. Outwardly the woman seemed to be what she said "Lost" But the way her eye's shifted to Lileana and then back to him. Also there was a hint of nervousness. Had she overheard? If so? What to do about it?

I have had many teachers but few that are remembered as fondly as the Dark Lady. For a human she was quite tenacious and cunning. She was outside the box so to speak and dealt with situations with a clever kind of genius that Dalamar found refreshing.

Still the woman would bear watching just to be sure. The last thing Devious wanted at this hour was any loose ends or unknowns. He called the guard. He gave them there orders. The young lady was to be watched. Report to me anything unusual don't let your prescence be known. The usual way as DeSang saw it. With that done he turned his thoughts to the Queen and her safety.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    The description Razielle gave fitted perfectly that of a woman Salem had met some time earlier, whilst wandering through Iziz. She had claimed to be visiting family, but her answers to his casual questions were evasive and anxious. He recalled meaning to look into the governments records on her... what had her name been? He couldn't recall. Regardless, the matter had slipped his mind. It seemed, however, that he had been correct in his suspicions that she had some tie to the Jedi – or at least to the Force. Certainly that seemed the only explanation for Dalamar's attitude towards her.

“Tell me... what would you propose we do about this... problem?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    Lifting her legs up onto the fluffy feather mattress, she indulged in a lengthy stretch, arching her spine off the bed. Righting herself to her knee's, Razielle gave a smile, which could only have been described as carnivorous in intent.

Nothing, Master. Nothing at all..

"Let them have their intrigues. Let them show their hand first. They have no idea what games we play. If we are patient, they will make the first move and in so doing reveal everything on their own. But I will admit, the situation bears watching. I think I'll befriend the General, if that pleases you, my Master."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Yes, we must watch the General closely.”

The Arkanian paced across the room, as he weighed the thoughts in his mind. Salem had no intention of confronting Dalamar about his extra curricular activities. Instead, he would allow paranoia and suspicion to fester in his mind. They would all watch him, carefully, and they would come to learn what dark deeds he and his 'Master' had planned.

Ave turned his white eyes to the Princess, as she knelt on her bed, waiting like a pet eager for reward. He walked slowly towards her and leant his weight against the four-poster bed.

“You needn't worry, though... act as you normally would. We are under no risk.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    "As you wish.."

All trace of worry was gone from her face. She trusted Salem with the blind devotion and adoration that an acolyte has for her God. If he told her not to worry, she would no longer concern herself with the pair, except to observe them.

For two long years she had waited for the opportunity to show Salem exactly how she felt about him. Now she had him, here, inches away from her very bed and she couldn't seem to make a move at all. The tip of her tongue darted out to moisten her lips suddenly gone dry. She had a million questions to ask, none of them seemed appropriate at the moment. Her gaze dropped from his eyes, to his lips.

"When...?"

Lifting her eyes back up, she the destroyer of worlds, blushed. "When shall you continue my training, Master..?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    It had almost two years since Salem had given Razielle any instruction in the use of the Force, yet still she remained loyal. Her commitment was commendable, and one which he would not soon forget. “Soon.”

Soon, he had said. Soon he intended to have his students learn together, to test themselves against one another, but neither were ready yet. He turned away from her, glancing out into the dark night sky. “Do you grow impatient?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    "Impatient? Never..."

Sliding out of the bed with feline grace, Razielle padded over to the window and opened it. The breezy night air rushed into to cool her suddenly heated skin. The fire was clearly too much. Silhouetted by moonlight she returned to Salem's side. Standing on tip toe she whispered close to his ear. "Eager.."

"The restaints enforced upon me by my station have sharpened my desires to a razor edge. I am ready."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    He could see her out of the corner of his eye, looking up at him. He did not move.

“Have you been practising the techniques I explained to you?”

Before they had parted way those years ago, Salem had instructed Razielle on how to attune herself to the Force. Likewise he had detailed the specifics of focusing ones anger, of harnessing the power which it could produce when augmented with the Force. If she had continued these meditations, these sessions of focus, it would now be almost second nature to her. When they did begin training proper, it would eliminate some tedious first steps.

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    Closing her eyes, Razielle let the darkness and rage that was ever present within her, surround her like a cold blanket. In her minds eye she saw it, swirling around her in a dense fog from her ankles, up her legs, around her torso and down her arms. It was ever present, but kept in check. Letting go of her restraint for a moment, she knew Salem would feel the difference in her.

"Oh yes.. I remember my lessons, very well."

Abrubtly, she drew reign over the darkness and was herself again. The coldness around her subsided and no one would ever sense anything was amiss.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I vant to suk yur blud!

It seemed that scarcely had he give the order than not one but two guards had returned.

Dalamar turned from the blazing fire to give his men his full attention. "Speak." was all he said.

The youngest guard spoke first. "Sir, It is Salem sir. You told me to watch him. Well nothing has been out of the ordinary and to tell you the truth I was getting quite bored with his daily activities." He coughed to clear his throat and Dalamar could see he was a littel nervous. "Continue."

"Yes, well anyway I was bored like I said until tonight. One of the chamber maids came to his door tonight. Nervously handed him something. Well he seemed to leave pretty quickly after that."

Dalamar bowed his head in thought "And where did he go?"

"Sir, he uh he went to see the Queens ward. I don't mean to insinuate anything but from the quick glimpse I saw of her atire she was not dressed for a formal meeting if you know what I mean."

"Hmm I do. Thank you lieutant you may go back to your duties."
    Dalamar watched the young guard leave. "And you Jess what do you have to report. "Well more of the same sir, No sooner had we started to watch the young ladies quarters than Master Salem had appeared. Like the young man said she was dressed quite seductively."

"Thank you Jess, let me know if there is anything more that develops."

Devious shut and bolted the doors. He activated the com that he had given his Master. "Lileana there may be some danger to you. I will inform you when I know more. Be careful around Salem and apparently the Queen's new prodigy also. If you need any further assistance a room at the palace or access to the royal libary to help you along you have only to say so. Please send me a reply when you get this message." Dalamar needed to say no more Lil would understand.

What was Salem up to. Was this some simple affair. No that was just to easy. Salem was up to something. It seemed it was time for a more direct confrontation.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    How she had grown, even in his absence. He had no words of praise for her, though he did smile, evidently pleased. Looking up, Salem caught a glimpse of himself and the Princess in her vanity mirror, stood so close together, he could feel the heat of her body. A thought struck him. “We must be mindful that while we are watching the General, he is undoubtedly watching us... now more than ever. We must consider carefully the image which we wish to show to the world.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    The tension building in her had her ready to snap like a stringed instrument violently played. She didn't move an inch. Looking up from beneath a veil of darkened eyelashes, Razielle smiled. "What image would you like for me to portray, Master...?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Salem's eyes remained on his reflected image, with Razielle all but draped over it. “What image do you believe would be the most appropriate, the most believable, to the court? I spend so much time with the Queen because we have important matters to discuss, yet I have no such need that would warrant my creeping into the quarters of the visiting Princess in the twilight hours.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    He was a cruel, cruel man. It only made her adore him more. Instead of simply stating the obvious, or arriving at a safe conclusion for them both, it seemed her Master, her dark demon, was going to force the words from her. She was to be his toy, then? His marionette tied up in strings, played by his hands, or broken by them?

It was all fine with her. She made her choice two years ago, knowing that it meant playing by his rules. She had no problem with it. If it meant humbling herself, she would do it.

"If we are seen together, it could mean ruination for us. Our true motives must not be discovered. There is no legitimate reason for the Queen's advisor to spend so much time in the company of her ward. Unless..."

She broke the distance in the span of a heartbeat, sliding her hands inside Salem's suit jacket and up his chest, still warm from his earlier exertions. Her hands entwined around his neck as she once again stood on tip toe, dropping her voice to a scratchy purr.

"in her grief at the loss of her family, the ward was led straight into the comforting arms of the Queen's noble advisor. She, in her forlorn and regretable sorrow, would of course be forgiven for the scandalous affair. After all, who could blame the poor child for seeking comfort in the form of a lover..?"

Even closer still, her lips grazing Salem's earlobe now.

"The Queen's advisor could not possibly be blamed either. After all, it was not as if he were molesting the Queen herself, right? Only the orphaned girl with no family and the wealth of an entire planet behind her. It would in fact be quite a commendable move on his part. Along with mending the poor girl's broken heart, he assumes even more power and wealth , by association..."

General Devious
    Sting did not keep the General waiting he was prompt as usual. He came in thru the secret entrance that Devious had created just for such meetings. Sting entered putting fist to chest. "Is it time Dal?"

Irreverent as ever the General noted. "No Sting, The situation is not entirely clear as of yet. The Queen's Ward may still live. But keep the plans, poison and equipment ready the need for there further existence may soon come to an end."

Sting saluted and left with as much grace as he came. The General left the room and headed toward the streets. It was time to take a more personal interest in the current affairs.

Legion's legend was stirring the masses. Somehow they knew of the connection between them. They had associated him with some kind of hero that would deliver them from what they considered the Queen's control.

Thru Devious connections he had heard the Legion had killed an outpost of the Queens guards in a most twisted and sadistic manner. The people that wished to rebel did not know what kind of monster they where dealing with...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast