"What rock have these people been hiding under and why can't they just go back there?"

Emelie slumped just slightly behind the desk that centralized her office. It was larger than her private one, had far more empty space, and she figured whoever had designed it had made it so that whoever came in would feel somewhat insignificant sitting across from the woman in the antique chair across from them. Though it also made one feel as if they had perhaps suddenly stepped foot back onto a verdant planet, a stark difference than the asteroid that housed the company's headquarters. Most of the furniture had been crafted from wood, with hand carved details in beautiful organic shapes. Fabric accents were in a brilliant green that matched exotic plants that had been placed around the room.

The stemless glass of white wine was swirled slightly before Emelie took another sip of it. Her assistant, Trina Windgate, adjusted her glasses and smirked at her employer just as another overly heavily armored man had left the office.

"Because you asked that they all come out of hiding and apply for a job."
"Maybe I should have put 'Over sized men with tiny brains need not apply' in the fine print."
"They wouldn't have read it anyway."
"Yeah, but then at least it would have given me an excuse to have them thrown out."
"Well you are trying to hire some sort of muscle. I thought you liked these types?"
"Some of them. But is it so much to ask for someone who can be imposing that actually will have the wherewithal to not frell up if I put him on duty with one of the more sensative shipments? Last thing I need is for the oaf to be all 'How'd this glitterstim get here?' Frell, ideally I'd like someone who can actually handle the fact what I'm moving without wondering if blowing a whistle would get him a bigger paycheck. Pilots were the easy part, but this brute-force dren always brings out the worst."

Trina allowed a slight laugh before striding back to the door.

"Yes, but do you really think these 'oafs' as you so put it have any idea what half the supplies are on sight?"
"Considering most of them have probably been addicted to at least something over the past few years of their lives?"
"You have a point... Shall I let another one of those brutes outside in?"

Emelie took another drink of the glass of wine and sighed.

"I guess so..."