Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime

Closed Thread Sex and Candy

Farfalla's Diamonds in the Hoth's Brand system (Emelie utterly refused to call it the "Ruusan" system just because of some silly battle that had been fought there ages ago.), a string of asteroids, home to a base that had been set up to house Silenus Corporation's operations, employees, and sometimes to her utter feelings of boredom: it's owners. It wasn't that the station itself grand and the their quarters weren't exquisite, Xavier had seen to making it so personally... it was still the home of business, and in Emelie's mind paled in comparison with their getaway at the vineyard on Lynaria.

Even so, she managed to keep herself entertained when running off wasn't quite an option. With the day's actual management of making sure staff was still doing what they were supposed to be doing and not skimming off the top, she had retreated to what had become her bit of personal space within the quarters she shared with her partner. The room had been decorated somewhat haphazardly and closely resembled what the "back room" of any of the more quality low-end taverns had, complete with dim lighting that varied from red to purple depending on where one was positioned. Central to the room was a rather plush couch of deep emerald green that faced a holoscreen that was projecting a view of the far end of the system. Currently within the space one could clearly see the large gas planet Myl Vlahu, one of the more frozen planets (Emelie guessed it might have been Gale), and the smallest hinting of the white dwarf star Petja.)

Unwinding was an understatement at that particular moment as Emelie swirled a glass of Gruvian Tovash in her hand before taking a sip of it and couldn't help but let a small giggle leave her as the small bit of blue smoke left her mouth upon exhaling after wards, traces of a chemical reaction with the other substance she'd procured from a recent shipment. A hand was raised to slowly bat away the haze that obscured her view of the planets... and the small blinking light of the console set into the table in front of her.

A deep sigh left her, finding small annoyance that someone was daring to interrupt her. Sitting forward she pressed a button that lowered the volume of the Dusk track that had been playing rather loudly. A small frown crossed her features as she eyed the incoming signal beacon again. Very few individuals even knew the link to the comm there and those that did rarely used it, which meant it must be a matter of some urgency. The music was lowered further before she finally opened the channel, a small holo projection popping up in front of her revealing a man, not much older than she was, with deep crimson hair that almost matched his red skin.

"Dominick... this better be good."

The slightly disheveled looking Zeltron smirked and ran a hand through his scraggly hair.

"Oi cuz, when isn't it? Hope I aint interrupting nothing."

"Nothing out of the ordinary." She let a small sigh of annoyance leave her as she eyed the projection of her cousin.

"Ah good, was beginning to get worried." He cast a cheeky grin that only caused Emelie to frown slightly before she leaned back on the couch once more.

"So, let's hear it, then. What yi da tuo da bian have you gone and got yourself in to now? Don't tell me one some tourist went and overdosed on that stuff I gave you."

"Nah, not this time." The Zeltron winked.

"So what is it?"

"You know that favor you owe me?"

Emelie let a small groan leave her. She hated owing people anything, especially more so when it was family. That feeling compounded exponentially when it was family and it was for something that had happened ages ago and Emelie had figured that it had long been forgotten about.

"Yeah, Dom, I remember." Another sigh left her.

"Shiny. I need to go and cash that in, savy?"

Emelie picked up the glass of Gruvian Tovash and took another drink of it.

"Fine. What trouble are you bringing my way now?"
    Last edited by Emelie Shadowstar; Dec 22nd, 2009 at 02:20:37 PM.

Three months prior...

There wasn’t an inch of her skin left untouched, his fingertips gliding with an expert caress that drew a murmur of pleasure from her shimmering lips. Lights dimmed around them, the pair visible as if through a haze behind the sheer fabric draped around the luxurious bed. Surrounded in silks and warmth, she purred and arched her back as his fingertips brushed across her-

“CUT!”

Serrena slumped back against the bed and frowned up at the man resting beside her, his expression just as perplexed as hers. Erris shrugged slightly and joined her in sitting up, both of them gazing out at the phalanx of cameras and crew just beyond the sheers.

“Renn…something wrong? Is the shot not working through the sheers?” Serrena asked softly, shifting to pull them aside so she could see everyone clearly.

“Shot’s fine. We’ve got what we need. You’re done here.”

“Wait – what? Done? We’ve only filmed two scenes…was there another edit?” she replied, confusion writ across her features as she turned, looking at each of the people standing there, then gazing at Erris again.

“Nope. You’ve been cut from the film. Sukie’s coming in to take your place, refilming starts tomorrow-”

“You can’t do that – I’m under contract for this, Renn, and the first two in the series were better sellers than the studio anticipated. You know she won’t be able to handle the part like I will.” Serrena retorted with an arched brow, arms crossing over her chest as she came to stand in the clearing in front of the director.

People were giving her a wide berth as she spoke, technicians frowning and moving away, others openly sneering, others still dropping curses that would make a Hutt blush. For a split second, confusion reigned across her features, mind whirling with a myriad of possibilities. The pure look of contempt that Renn cast at her next made her heart stop and sink to her feet.

“Contract law doesn’t apply to filthy, rancid, half-breed whores. Your little secret’s out, bitch. You’re done. You’ll never work in this industry ag-“

He would have gone on, practically foaming at the mouth in his zeal. As it was, the only thing stopping him was the murderous gaze she cast at him, once chocolate-brown eyes glowing a vicious crimson. Two thick crystal lenses rested in her palm as she stood there, seemingly calm and unaffected, drawing on every last drop of willpower she possessed to not burst into tears. Not that she hadn’t known the day would come, that they’d discover she’d lied seven years ago when she’d signed her first contract. That she’d been lying all along about being a human from Chandrila who’d been in the wrong place at the wrong time and sold to a Chiss slaver.

The one moment she’d dreaded had finally come, and she just didn’t know what to do.

Crimson eyes cast slowly around to each person, meeting their gazes and even their outright glares, looking for a sympathetic expression. Somewhere.

Anywhere.

She found nothing of the sort, not even from Erris, who had quietly stood and turned his back to her. Not that she expected differently from him – he had his own secrets to keep and shunning her would save him for a while longer. That she could understand. With her head held high, she strode from the set to her nearby dressing room, gathering her few things as quickly as she could. Serrena hoped her numbness held until she could get home, refusing to shed a tear in front of the people who’d called themselves friends and coworkers until they found out she was different.

Amazing how quickly they turned on her.

Just beyond her dressing room door, she could hear a group gathering, murmuring in what they thought were hushed tones. Her name was clear enough, as was half-breed, several choice curses, and a general sense of revulsion. And to think she thought she might find a modicum of support to fight back and hold onto her career. Refusing to allow them to see her upset, she composed herself before striding out, stilettos clicking out a rhythm for the sexy sway of her hips, her bag on her shoulder.

Past the tight little groups of people, past the sound stages, past the studio offices, past the wardrobe and makeup areas…past the little world that had become her life for seven years.

Present…

Curled up in a leather chair with a glass of whiskey in one hand and a deathstick in the other, Serrena stared blankly at the comm panel in front of her. For three months, she’d tried to salvage what she could of her career, but found that the adult holovid industry was as intolerant of half-breeds as Imperials were of just about every alien species in the known ‘verse.

She took one last drag from the deathstick and stubbed out what little remained in the nearby dish. Slender fingers reached out to hover over the button that blinked at her, waiting to connect to the comlink she’d already dialed in. The woman hesitated, wondering if she should just take her chances with what little money she had immediate access to and wait out the legal process to get hold of the rest of her considerable fortune.

Unfortunately, she had expensive tastes and even more expensive addictions. Serrena knew that what she had wouldn’t last another month, nevermind the several months she knew the process would take. Her darkly manicured nail pressed the button.

It connected with a crisp sound, a male voice greeting her with no lack of enthusiasm. “Damn, babe…caused a little stir, huh?”

“Do I ever do anything on a small scale, honey?” she replied, the hint of a smile she didn’t feel curling her lips.

“Hell no. What’s up?”

“Dom…I…I need to call in that favor you owe me. Everything’s gone to hell and I have nowhere to go…” Serrena said, setting down her glass to rub at her eyes as her voice emerged with far more emotion than she had intended on letting him see. Not that he wouldn’t have guessed, given the pain obvious in her gaze and the fact that she wasn’t perfectly styled as usual.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

"Look, it's a favor for a favor and I promise you won't regret this."

The red skinned Zeltron was getting on Emelie's nerves slightly. The fact he had interrupted her was enough to just edge under her skin a bit, his twitchy manners and runaround act were only making it worse. Even if the second was probably her fault, she had send the spice his way as a late birthday present only a few days prior.

"Dominick, you're stalling."
    "Am not."
    "What do you need, hon? If you don't get on with it, I'm going to terminate this comm and you are going to have to deal with it all yourself."

The man frowned, then pouted, then for a touch of an instant looked like he might actually cry.

"You've gotten mean, Ems."
    "Being forced into a legit business will do that to you."
    "You should take some time off, come to Zeltros, visit, it'd be-"
    "The point, Dom."
    "Fine..."

It took a great deal of effort for Emelie to not roll her eyes at the over dramatic sigh Dominick gave.

"I need you to hire somebody. Help 'em out, show 'em around the verse."
    "What?"

Of all the things her cousin could have requested, that was certainly far from the imaginings.

"It's a girl, Ems. A good friend of mine! I owe her one and she's in a real tough spot and ...just... yeah."
    "A girl? Now it makes sense."
    "Don't get any ideas. It's not like that. I only tussled with her once and that...wait, why am I telling you this?"
    Emelie smirked. "Because I'm family?"
    "Oh frak you."
    "Don't be ridiculous, Dom. That would be gross."

For a moment both were silent before one started, then the other, and before long both were in various degrees of laughter. It was Emelie who managed to regain control of herself and she took a deep breath, letting the last few small giggles come out softer before she spoke up again.

"Frak, I hate you."
    "No you don't. Now... about my friend?"
    "Fine, Dom. Send her my way, I'll see what skills she has and put her to use."

The word skills sent Dominick into a fit of laughter again that made Emelie roll her eyes once more.

"And for frak's sake, Dom. Lay of the ryll when you call me."
    "You're one to talk!"
    "I had a bad day."
    "I had a bad year."

Picking up the glass of tovash once more, she gave her cousin a mock toast with it.

"If she can't hack it though, Dom... you could always see if Nalai will give her a job."
    "Now you're back to being mean."

His final comment was met with one of her signature smirks before the link was cut and the image of the male Zeltron faded from the comm. Emelie instantly sat back against the couch.

"Oh goodie, more friends."

"Dom...you didn't tell her who I was, did you." Serrena asked, arching a brow at the handsome Zeltron on her screen. She sighed at his irrepressible smile and shook her head.

"Nuh-uh."

"Didn't tell her how we met, either, huh?"

"Hell no. Wish I could be there to see the look on her face..."

"Especially when I tell her about the movie we made...Dom, I love you for helping me, and I seriously owe you one for this...but...you didn't tell her anything at all?"

"You'll be fine. Just head to the Silenus headquarters. She's expecting you."

"Alright. Will I see you there?"

"Maybe..."

Serrena sighed as the comm flickered off, feeling suddenly much older than her twenty standard years. She'd lived a lifetime already, made more money than she even knew what to do with, and in the blink of an eye, it had all been taken away. She had a choice now - she could take the chance Dom was offering or she could just stay right where she was and let herself waste away.

There was no contest.

She'd show them all, she thought, rising from her position on the couch to head into her extensive closet. She packed two large suitcases for the time being, content to leave everything else until she sent for it. The young woman wasn't even certain where she'd end up, and as such packed for a myriad of possibilities.

Next came a trip through the 'fresher, where she lingered under the hot water and used up every last drop. It took an hour alone just to detangle and style her waist-length raven curls afterwards, which she ended up leaving loose to swirl around her. Clad in white lace top and tight white leather pants, she pulled stilettos onto her feet before she deemed herself ready.

A third case joined her things, a sleek silver briefcase that looked innocent enough from the outside. Inside, nestled amidst soft fabric was a pair of verpine shatter guns, custom built and barely resembling the mass-produced stock, alongside a pair of lethally sharp sais that had obviously seen much use and been taken care of impeccably. There was far more to Serrena than met the eye.

~~~

The shuttle touched down after the long hyperspace trip, and her stilettos clicked down the metal ramp as she descended, stretching as she walked. It wasn't the luxury she was accustomed to traveling in, but at least she'd had the tiny cabin to herself. A short while later found Serrena striding through the lobby of the main Silenus Corporation building, ignoring the stares and whispers of recognition. Glowing crimson eyes swept across the front desk and finally came to rest on the petite receptionist that was completely dwarfed by the massive desk.

"Miss Shadowstar is expecting me...please tell her that Dominick's friend Serrena has arrived." she purred softly, arching a brow and waiting as the young woman activated her comm unit.
    Last edited by Serrena Alcine; Jan 6th, 2010 at 10:58:44 PM. Reason: Continuity...editting to match a previous post about weapons in another thread.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

The receptionist's conversation was hushed with whomever she was speaking with, barely audible that she was speaking at all. The odd pilot or stock-boy that had been wandering through continued to let themselves gawk for a few moments before returning to duty. There weren't many of them, in truth for the size of the main lobby it seemed that it was strangely empty. Though Silenus had been a newer company, though apparently growing at a decent pace.

One final nod of her head came before the receptionist looked up at the woman before her and cleared her throat before she spoke in a soft Coruscanti accent.

"Miss Shadowstar is waiting for you in the lounge." She pointed down one of the hallways. "It will be straight that way and will be on your left, you can't miss it."

---

The "lounge" was nothing short of a small bar that had been tucked away in an alcove along the wall. Emelie had insisted on its being built, giving off the idea that it would double as a cafe but that had never truly come to fruition. Instead it had become somewhat of a smaller place to meet with clients, or for Emelie to share a drink or two with her employees while seeing how they were faring.

The lounge was small and delicate, having room only for three stools at the bar itself and had four plush chairs covered in an amber fabric, arranged into two pairs with a small table accompanying each. The lighting had been dimmed just slightly from the rest of the hallway and was mostly kept separate from the rest of the corporate look by a pair of pillars on either side that glowed with a soft orange light.

The service droid was the only other being occupying the lounge aside from Emelie at that point. She rather loathed the thing, it often malfunctioned and began speaking in languages other than basic. Though it never fouled up a drink, and she supposed that was all that mattered. It was a poor replacement for Durnik, though Emelie hadn't had the heart to bring him all the way out to the Hoth's Brand system just for her own selfish want of him being near.

The clicking of stilettos coming towards her was heard over the soft ambient music the lounge offered, giving Emelie cause to force herself to sit upright just a tad bit more and check that the simple cream colored dress she was wearing was at least in decent appearance.

"Thank you."

Serrena replied softly, allowing a genuine smile to curl her lips. She tucked a tiny credit chip into the hand of the young man who'd brought her things in, and had him set them off to the side for the time being. The silver case and her gold-tone clutch remained with her, however, as she sauntered down the aforementioned hallway.

She could hear the soft music emanating from around the last bend in the hallway, and as such, paused briefly. Fingers smoothed out the leather and lace, and brushed errant curls back over her shoulders. A smile curling her lips, she continued on and stepped into the very tastefully appointed lounge. Though small, it was perfectly proportioned to the spaces around it, and the bar at the back was a welcome sight.

As was the very pretty woman she recognized from Dom's colorful description of his cousin.

Stepping forward, she set her things on a stool and smiled softly. "Miss Shadowstar...Dom's descriptions just don't do you justice. I appreciate you being able to see me." Serrena said, holding a manicured hand out.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

As the woman approached her, Emelie wasn't sure if she should be shocked or not by her appearance so she settled on pleasantly surprised. Though she certainly was having a hard time believing such a beautiful woman could have fallen on times hard enough to call upon Dominick for help. The universe was a funny place indeed.

"Dom's descriptions? I can't say I'm surprised there, I'd be rather shocked if they were even remotely flattering."

The meeting of their hands was gentle and short, carrying hinting that both women could be far more elegant than just what visual appearances could give away. Though it was Dominick who had sent the woman to her, which meant they were at least associated enough that he felt it was worth his time to stick his neck out for her. That alone let Emelie know there was no need for the usual pomp and flourish that could sometimes come with such meetings. For that reason she kept her tone casual and waved to the empty seat across from her.

"I think it has something to do with the fact he's never forgiven me for finding out that our mothers were sisters. Though he spoke rather highly of you, which I have come to learn doesn't come as a very easy thing for him sometimes. So naturally I was intrigued."

Emelie leaned back as most as the seat would allow.

"Would you like anything to drink, Miss Alcine?"

"A Starshine Surprise, if its possible, thank you."

Thankful for the height her stilettos granted her, the woman slid into the seat opposite Emelie. It was as comfortable as it looked, and induced a faint sigh as she settled back into it. Fingers rose to move the cascade of her curls from being pressed flat, before she favored the lovely woman with a grin.

"I have to ask...because there are times I don't trust Dom to tell me the truth. Has he truly not told you how we met?"
    her voice was light and amusement enriched her tone as her clutch ended up in her lap with a touch.

The droid forestalled any further conversation for a moment, bringing over her Starshine Surprise in a tall glass. Reaching, her fingers wound around it and brought it close for a careful sip. She nodded at the initial kick and the powerful burn, before thanking the droid in the Cheunh it had used when it delivered her drink.

Settling the slightly open clutch at her side, Serrena sat back once more, drink in hand.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

If there was one thing that Emelie instantly respected, it was someone who could handle their alcohol. She never would be able to answer someone if they asked why it was so with her, but many a friendship or business deal had started over several rounds of drinks and Emelie had learned better than to start questioning her instincts. The Starshine Surprise that Serrena had ordered brought an instant impish smile to Emelie's lips.

"Strange as it is, I have to say this would be one of the times that Dom was being honest. Though I did get the feeling he was keeping it to himself for a reason... so naturally if you want to spoil his fun, I won't object."

The language she had spoken to the droid in wasn't missed, and the simple fact that Emelie hadn't recognized it meant it must have had a connection with the woman's unusual eyes. Dominick had mentioned something about Serrena's race, though at the time she had been a little altered mentally and must have decided then that it wasn't important in the grand scheme. Something to bring up later if everything worked out...

Another sip of the Starshine, and another delicious burn, elicited a pleasured sigh from the young woman. For half a moment of pure pleasure, her glowing crimson eyes fell half-lidded before opening once more.

Dom, bless his hot Zeltron ass, had been telling the truth. Most of a second passed as she pondered why exactly he hadn't told Emelie about it, but she soon shrugged imperceptibly. If he really didn't want her to know, then he'd have forbidden Serrena from mentioning it.

Not that it would have worked.

Slender fingers withdrew a slim plastic vid case from her clutch, turning it over in her fingers to gaze at the cover before proffering it to Emelie. It featured the pair of them on the cover in a position that would have been compromising had they not been clad in strategic bits of black leather.

"Dom needed money, and I was the one the studio called in to...break him in, if you will. Only ever made that one, which was a pity. Its done brilliantly sales-wise."

Serrena sipped from her drink and simply grinned, her expression somewhere between wicked and lascivious.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

As the case was neatly spun in her fingers, Emelie didn't know whether to laugh or die right on the spot of embarrassment that was wrongly felt. Seeing her cousin in such a photo and knowing there was an entire holovid that was all the worse in her hands was a rather strange situation to find herself in. Not surprising, just strange.

"Well at least he didn't come asking me for the creds."

The case was held out, offering it back to Serrena. Even though it may have been decent blackmail for future use, Emelie felt it was somehow cruel to hold that sort of thing against her cousin... he was too easy to mess with on a normal basis.

"Well at least that answers some of my questions..." She smirked slightly. "But Dom seemed under the impression you would be of some use to me. Did he tell you what we do here?"

"Ahh...no. Dom left out that salient detail. Which makes me wonder if he told you that this-" Serrena said with a wicked smile, waggling the vid case before sliding it back into her purse, "-is all that I can do. Which, I assure you, it isn't."

Another sip drew another pleasured sigh, the fingers of one hand raising to tuck a stray raven curl behind her ear. A fingertip traced the platinum hoop dangling from her earlobe, toying with the delicate jet-black beads strung along the bottom.

A touch of surprise marked her crimson gaze as she drained the last of her Starshine, noting distantly that it had gone down much quicker and smoother than they usually did. She set the glass on the bartop after motioning to the droid to make her another.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

"Hmm..."

A small motion was made to the droid, who returned with not one, but two of the drinks and placed them down in front of each of the ladies. Emelie managed to take a drink of it, finding instant satisfaction in the kick and overall quality. Yep... the droid had proven to her why she kept it around again.

"Well, strictly speaking Silenus Corporation is a shipping company. The range of what we ship though is fairly wide, mostly for private contractors. Recently we've acquired a deal with Russard Industries..."

The drink was sampled again before Emelie took a slow and deep breath in, letting it out as her eyes wandered away from Serrena.

"Though if Dom is the one who sent you to me, I doubt you'll ever deal with that end of the business. The rest of it would be in my hands... and while it doesn't deviate much from the usual business in terms of the how, it's the what that changes things a great deal. I personally handle more... sensitive shipments."

Emelie let the words linger a bit, seeing what Serrena's reaction would be and if she picked up a bit more on exactly what she was referring to.

Nodding to the droid by way of thanks, the dancer picked up the other Starshine and lifted the rim towards Emelie. She noted the sip the other woman took of her own and smiled - an excellent way to get to know someone was to drink with them. This boded very well indeed in her estimation.

A sip and a sigh had the dancer settling comfortably back in her seat, and setting her small clutch on the bartop. Serrena's bright crimson gaze settled on Emelie as she spoke, listening intently and taking mental notes.

"Sensitive? Of course...things that would need to be handled in a discreet, considerate manner. Beyond prying eyes, so to speak. I do believe I could lend assistance there, perhaps take some of the work off of your shoulders." Serrena replied after a moment's thought, reaching down to pick up her slender silver briefcase.

A brush of her thumb across each of the two locks soon had them popping open, and her fingers brushed back the lid. "I can assure you that anything I am entrusted with would be adequately protected. I would simply need a ship and a trustworthy pilot...I'm afraid flying is one skill I do not posess."

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

The contents of the case brought a small smirk to Emelie's lips. She had only known one other individual that favored the shatter guns and her first experience with seeing him use them was slightly exhilarating, even if he had been marginally threatening her life at the time. A pang of misplaced longing came tumbling into her head and immediately had to be pushed out. The sai on the other hand were noted with a bit of a cold sensation that crept up the back of her spine, yet somehow the feeling was considered pleasant. Hand-to-hand combat of sorts, or at least a professed skill in it. One of those things most of her employees seemed to be lacking in and something that could quite honestly be...

"Well, isn't that handy."

Emelie looked up from the case, took another small drink from the Starshine, and nodded.

"Pilots aren't an issue, we have plenty and all of them are well trained. Most of them are fairly insane enough to not give a damn about what we actually do here as well. I won't ask too many questions given Dom's commendation and the fact he doesn't send me people he thinks I can't trust. Though that does bring up, pretty much the only clause I have. I only require one thing from my people and that's loyalty. You give it, you get it: it's as simple as that. I'm not afraid to stick my neck out for those I call friends, I just expect the same sort of courtesy, you understand."

Another drink was taken from the glass, longer this time. Emelie let the slight after-burn of the alcohol linger before she leaned back in her seat once more.

"Aside from that, jobs come when I get them. In the meantime you're more than happy to reside wherever you wish, in another system if you prefer. If you require living arrangements, we can do that too."

Fingers stole across the surface of each weapon held within, lingering but briefly before the case was closed and returned to the floor at her feet. They were, in all honesty, the only things she'd ever earned that weren't preceded by acts that she'd rather forget.

But that was neither here nor there, and Emelie was speaking once more.

"I've really had enough of hiding, to be honest. So please, if there's something you need to know or are even remotely curious about, just ask. I'll answer...and probably with more detail than is truly necessary." Serrena smiled as she settled back into her seat and took another long sip of her drink.

Her expression sobered as Emelie continued, her free hand winding fingers amidst her curls. She nodded, "I understand completely," and let her voice trail off. Would that she'd had such a trust built up with the people she worked with and called her friends before. Things might not have fallen apart so irrevocably.

"I'd prefer to stay close for the time being, until something or somewhere else strikes my fancy. So yes, I actually do need a little help with living arrangements...is there someplace around here you'd recommend?"

Serrena managed to restrain herself from asking if Dom was actually in-system, finding her need to see him a bit odd. Instead, she took another sip of her drink and sighed faintly at the after-burn.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Tequila Satan
    Baroness Scorpion #1

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Sarah
    Gamer IDs

"I'll have something set up for you. Basics to start with, but you can make any sort of requests you like. Any of the more reasonable ones, I'll make sure are handled."

The smile was actually genuine as it came to her and another sip of her drink was taken before the chilled glass was placed back down on the table near her seat. It wasn't exactly instinct that lead her to know that something had gone unspoken from Serrena. It was in the way her eyes had subtly moved away after she had finished and had gone for the drink herself. Small cues, but it was there.

"We don't get many visitors out here, I'm afraid. And due to various security issues, any individuals you bring here would have to go through an approval process first. Though..."

She paused for a moment and let her fingertips wipe away some of the moisture that had built up along the side of her glass.

"My cousin is on the list of approved persons, naturally. I'm sure he'd be delighted to find that you've made yourself at home here."

It had been a hunch, but perhaps more female instincts. Good men were hard to come by, and while Dominick was anything but - he had been a direct line that had put Serrena in the position she now found herself and even that deserved its thanks in a way.

"But with that settled..."

While Emelie had kept her eyes more-or-less on the woman she was speaking with, mentally they had turned to the case on occasion since it had been tucked back away. Her voice shifted to a slightly cold tone, just hinting on the edges of an icy seriousness that rarely ever came out.

"I am interested in your... talents. And I do mean the lesser known. Anyone can become famous if they try hard enough, it's what a person manages to keep a secret that I find to be infinitely more valuable. As I said before, I won't ask about your past in excruciating detail since I don't feel that necessarily will ever explain an individual's future actions and choices. But what you can do, what you have learned, now that is important to me. I need to know what you can do for me in slightly more specific terms. Simply having a loyal person around is nice, but having one who can pull their own weight and actually give me want to keep them around is even nicer."