Thread: Retrieval Mission: The Ghosts of the Iron Citadel

Threaded View

Retrieval Mission: The Ghosts of the Iron Citadel

continued from here

Empress Teta: Cinnagar: Four Days Later

It'd been a silent journey from Bothuwai to the Deep Core for Estelle and her companion, most of it spent going over the controls of her new ship. The Rebel Agent loved the feel of the controls in her hands and the thrumming of the ship beneath her feet. It felt good to have something that was 'hers'.

"We're coming up on the Imperial base now," the Rebellion's Special Operations director, only known to her as 'The Black Man' spoke..

"You have your orders: slip into the sewer system just outside the east wall and make your way into the base. I'll be on the comm the entire time, guiding you through.

"Your target is in the middle of the base, a computer console with the target list."

He was only repeating what he'd told her on the trip to the Deep Core and Estelle was learning to hate briefings as much as her partner, Aurelias Kazaar, did. Russard missed her partner, but he was still laid up with injuries received on a failed mission to Trandosha. She felt bad about leaving him behind, but Liew (who Estelle suspected wasn't using his real name at all) said they had to do it. Apparently this mission was more important. Of course it would be nice to know what was actually on the data she was looking for. But that was 'classified'.

Stupid BlackOps. Oh my lord, she thought, I'm starting to sound like Aurelias.

"Russard!" Liew's voice cut into her thoughts, "Pay attention! you're almost as bad as your partner."

Estelle inwardly cursed and her boss continued. "Find that list and make your way off. You are not allowed to kill anyone. I don't want an action-holo in there. Just get in, get the data, and get out.

"Understood?"
    Last edited by The Black Man; Oct 7th, 2007 at 03:07:31 PM.