Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toxicity and Conversations with Spies

Cavalier
    A woman was waiting for Milivikal as she entered into the interview room. Her face was drawn and she had watery eyes which seemed to glisten in the lower light. She wore a Rebel soldier's uniform, which deemphasized her bust, and she appeared to be unarmed. On the table next to her was a durasteel briefcase and a glass of water.

"Hello Miss Gray, correct?" She stated succinctly. "My name is Jane Starborn. Have a seat. Let's discuss what you know..."

SWFans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    This one goes up to 11.
    AKA
    Morg
    Milivikal frowned, but said nothing. Jane looked... average. Jane's body was on the slim side. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Generic Human Female. Milivikal sat slowly, careful of her bruises.

"...about Mr. Byl Laprovik." Starborn said. Milivikal raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. Her mood was foul. She wanted nothing more than to take painkillers and sleep.

"He is a cold bastard." Milivikal said, matter-of-factly. She stared, unblinking. Starborn paused, and set her jaw. Starborn looked at her datapad, and back at Milivikal. The right side of the woman's face was purplish, and slightly swollen. Mili's eyes narrowed slightly.

"I understand you just returned from a mission, and were injured. I'd like to start at the beggining. Mr. Laprovik is missing."

"Oh." Milivikal didn't sound surprised.

"We're concerned, because he didn't dissapear from Coruscant. If you could go over details of what you know about him, or possibly where he's gone..."

"Laprovik is good at his job. Professional. I am certain he has good reasons." Mili replied.

"I see that you worked with him on Coruscant."

"For six weeks." Mili stated. "None of this is on the file?" She asked

"Everything related to you has been classified top secret. All it says was that you were a contact on Coruscant." Starborn explained. Milivikal blinked.
    "What did you do in those six weeks?"

"I listened to Imperial windbags in bars and lounges." Mili said with disdain.

"I see. It says here that you have perfect auditory recall." Jane stated.

"Yes."

Jane paused. Milivikal was borderline uncooperative. The woman's swollen lip curled upward slightly. Was k'Vik playing games with her?

"Miss Gray, I'd like to complete this quickly and if you aren't going to be coopera..." Starborn's voice dissapeard.

Mili cut her off. "I care not a whit. I have five broken ribs. My head hurts. You pester me with questions about Laprovik, who is missing. So what?"

Cavalier
    'Starborn' let her face show concern at the apparent lack of care from k'Vik. "It does matter." The fake Rebel dug her hands into her chair. "Byl Laprovik was an important part to our operations on Coruscant. It's imperative we know where he went and what he's doing.

"He was looking for Director R.S. Esalis and the exo-anthropologist Erasmus Karrnage correct? Running an operation against them?"

SWFans.Net Poster

This one goes up to 11.
    AKA
    Morg
    Milivikal blinked, and shook her head. Surely Starborn had some real information rather than hearsay. Mili placed her hands in her lap, and straightened.

"No. Karnage was of interest to Loklorien s'Ilancy. Esalis was not a priority at the time. The fact that it likely irritated Esalis was a bonus."

"Loklorien s'Ilancy?" Starborn asked.

"A Lupine." Mili said.

"A what?"

"Lupine. A nearly extinct shapeshifting humanoid species. One of Karnage's perfered subjects of study."

"It says here that she's an attache for General Dan." Starborn reviewed her notes.

"I know him not."

"He's one of the Outer Rim commanders."

Milivikal shrugged. "So who sent you on this scent?" She glared at Starborn.

"Excuse me?"

"Who has you chasing tails, Starborn?" Milivikal licked her lips.

"Well thats..." Starborn's eyes were wide. Was Gray crazy?

"I am under no obligation to anyone. Indulge me."

Starborn looked perplexed. The air seemed to hum."We're all working for the same people. Belargic."

"Oh. Ah. Yes." Milivikal relaxed back into the chair. "Have you inquired with Eluna Thals?" The hum grew louder.

"No..." Starborn picked up the data pad, and started thumbing through it with her left hand while the right moved idly. She closed her eyes to blink. Her eyes opened. k'Vik was in mid-motion, leaned forward, left hand closed around a dagger. Starborn recoiled reflexively, but it only gave her an inch before the blade slid through the hand and table. The hum stopped.

"Ow." Starborn said awkwardly. How had Gray moved that fast? Starborn grabbed at the dagger to pull it out, but it wouldn't budge. Milivikal pushed the table, and Starborn, over. Starborn cried out when the table landed on her ribs.

"They did not brief you about me?" Mili asked, her face feral. She walked around to Starborn's side of the table.

"What are you talking about?" Jane said, frantic. Gray was crazy. Pinned behind the desk, Jane could not see the door slide open, nor did she notice the change in light.

"Your handlers." Milivikal tilted her head slightly.

"Everything on you is Top Secret! Belargic sent me to..."

"You lie." The sentence hissed lightning and crashed thunder. Starborn's mind raced. She reached out to grab Milivikal by the ankle. She heard a hum. It had a different pitch this time. Starborn's fingers touched cloth. She grasped. Milivikal's leg moved back and up. Her knee leveled with her hip. Her hands curled into fists and leveled with her head. Her lips curled back. Her boot came down. Starborn screamed. Most of the bones in her hand broke with a rapid series of cracks and snaps. Starborn pulled her shattered hand back reflexively, and Milivikal let her. She took a step back.

The entire deck had heard Starborn scream. Partly because Milivikal had opened the door, and partly because she amplified the sound. A security officer barged in half a minute later, blaster drawn. k'Vik looked distant. She took another step back, and raised her hands even with her shoulders.

"She's fucking crazy!" Not-Starborn screamed.

"Agent, you'd better have a good explanation." He pointed the blaster at k'Vik. The other woman wasn't likely to move.

"That is an Imperial spy." k'Vik said with contempt, her icy eyes stared down into blurred brown ones. The Mon Cal fumbled for his comm. He kept his eyes on Mili.

"I need a security team to Deck 8, Section B."
    Last edited by Milivikal k'Vik; Apr 12th, 2009 at 10:41:37 PM.

Cavalier
    'Starborn' started crying. "This wasn't supposed to be like this..."

Her disjointed mind was still racing as she tried to figure out what the hell just happened. She had been given a small brief on k'Vik, but mainly that she was someone who couldn't be manipulated but the promise of her lightsaber might convince her to be a little forthcoming. The problem was, the conversation hadn't gone that far. k'Vik had been too quick for 'Starborn's' mind. And that's what failed her. Now...she needed Rebel help.

"She's crazy.She's crazy.She's crazeeeeeeee." The Imperial spy tried to speak but found the words weren't coming out of her mouth. Instead, they just wrapped themselves around her head and blotted out everything else. She didn't know who else was in the room...were there people? Were the loathsome Rebels now coming to her aid?

She raised her head towards the horrid Rebels. But her eyes were so full of tears she couldn't focus. All the while the words kept swirling in her head.

"She's crazeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

'Starborn' screamed again.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So, why does everyone keep calling me Mr. Blonde?

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EquableJarl0 PSN ID: TXViking43
    Kazaar was busy tryin' t'figure out what th'frack that damn code was, when th'alarm went off.

"Security to Deck 8. Section B!"

Kazaar smirked. 'Least he had somethin' t'break th'frackin' monotony o'code breakin'. Grabbin' his personal shield unit, Kazaar headed for th'Dutchman's boarding ramp. "Keep workin' on that code 'Trey'. Gonna go check out th'alarm."

'The Twins' were strapped on 'is legs as th'former bounty hunter sauntered through th'Hope f'Change (what kinda o'name was that anyway? How 'bout actually makin' change 'stead of just hopin' f'it). Buncha security guys were runnin' 'round like Ewoks with their heads cut off, but 'least they knew what they were doin'. Kazaar smirked. Always figured th'smartest of th'Empire's finest went t'work for th'Rebellion.

Kazaar's trip t'Deck 8 was pretty quick but slowed down on he got t'Section 7. Security team'd actually set up a frackin' perimeter 'round Section 8. Two security squads were guardin' th'lift and woulda kept th'Rebel spy from goin' where he needed t'go, if Kazaar hadn't given 'em a dark glare.

"Th'frack's goin' on?" He asked a Mon Calamari soldier who was standin' outside th'entrance to Section 8.

"There was a problem with an interview." Th'Calamari's voice blubbered like it was inna fish bowl. "An interviewee attacked an interviewer."

Kazaar smirked. "That a fact. Wanna tell me what else's goin' on?"

"It's a strange case." Calamari still hadn't asked f'ID. Must've figured Kazaar was off-duty when th'thing happened. "What Halabis told me was someone named 'Gray' attacked someone named 'Starborn'...wait where are you!"

Kazaar was runnin' down th'hallways, ignorin' th'calls t'stop. He rounded o'corner and burst into th'interview room. "Birdy what th'frack's goin' on?"

Milivikal's face was pretty calm forra dame who was starin' down a buncha blasters. "Tis not Starborn. Tis an Imperial." Th'words seemed t'snarl outta 'er mouth.

'Starborn' was sayin' somethin' but Kazaar couldn't hear it. Hell, no one else prob'ly could either. He turned to th'head security guy. "Ya gotta pic o'what Starborn looks like?"

Th'Mon Calamari motioned him to o'small computer console in th'observation room. Kazaar keyed in th'name Starborn an' got a few entries. None of 'em looked like th'dame Birdy currently had screamin' in th'room. "Ain't her." Kazaar smirked.

"What should we do?"

Kazaar coulda smacked th'guy. "Cancel th'damn security alert ya frackin' moron. An' let Birdy'n me finish up with 'er. Find out who she really is."

Th'Mon Calamari's mouth opened, then closed. Seemed like he was gonna ask Kazaar who th'frack he was, but decided not to. Prob'ly figured he was o'spook 'er something. Pretty much.

Th'security exited outta th'room, leavin' k'Vik an' Kazaar alone with 'Starborn'.

Kazaar's smirk turned into o'snarl. "Wanna pick up where ya were left off Birdy?"

Santiago Cristobal
    "Should we be worried about the security alert?" Estelle asked as she and Santiago walked back to his office.

Cristobal smiled. "The advantage of being an analyst, Estelle. Is not worrying about security alerts. Doesn't mean you don't keep an open eye. But we don't have to run into everything with blasters blazing."

"Must be nice." The Senior Operative commented.

That illicited another smile and Estelle couldn't help but smile herself. "It is."

When they reached the acting Sub-Director of Analysis' office, Cristobal slid behind his desk and motioned Estelle to take a seat behind him. His hands danced over the keyboard with almost grace as he brought up the analyzed data.

Cristobal's dark green eyes crinkled as he brought up the data on two of his screens. "This is the data you got." He pointed at the screen on the left. And this..." His finger switched to the right screen. "Is the other data.

"You can see it's not complete but I definitely see similarities...maybe a conversation" He paused as he brought two sentences together.

------ --tting rea-- to ho-- group fr-m ---s-. --ll b- vulner---.

Ma-- su-- th- a--a-i- can tak- - sh-t Ha--is--.

Cristobal glanced at Estelle. "That doesn't look good."

"No it doesn't." Estelle answered, her face twisted in a concerned look. Santiago thought her face looked nice regardless what look was on it. "Do you have anything else on there?"

"Hmm..." More taps on the keyboard. "Let me see."

The Analyst brought up a three more sentences.

G-tt-ng itc-y. H- won-- b- a-ou-d mu-h lon--r.

Has Thom-do--ir go- th- M--st ass-ss-- r-ady?

Yes. B- re-dy t- m-ve.

"Does anything there look familiar to you?"
    Last edited by Santiago Cristobal; Apr 17th, 2009 at 10:46:53 AM. Reason: did some editing

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If I have to clean up Kazaar after a drunken night of binge drinking one more time there will be HELL to pay!

Estelle would like to think it was the distraction of having to sit docile while security alarms had been sounded off around them that was resulting in the code making little sense to her, but she knew better. Coding had been neither her own, nor her partner Aurelias's forte' and that truth was quite evident as her frown deepened while searching the screen.

"Bout the only thing that makes sense is that there" she pointed to the second last line, "--it mentions Thomsdottir being ready..?"

"We assume it to be a person as no place comes up on our radar under that name" she confided.

Santiago Cristobal
    "Hmm..." Santiago seemed a hesitant to go on pure speculation. Although most of their job was just speculation. He moved his hands on the keyboard, calling up the Rebel database on operatives and soldiers.

Forty seconds later, they had their answer.

"There are four Thomsdottirs in the Alliance." Cristobal's eyes narrowed and his voice changed to a classic 'analyst's' voice. "This one." He brought up a picture of an older man, with massive cheek jowls, a shaved head, and dull blue eyes. "Is Wayneright Thomsdottir. He's one of General Parks main lieutenants in military intelligence. I've never met him but he's currently stationed on Sullust. Good access to information. His two sons: Cary and Paxton are also stationed with him."

Estelle leaned foward and glanced at the information. All three did have good access to information but it didn't seem 'right' for some reason. She still asked Santiago to get her a copy of their files. "What about the fourth?"

"The fourth." Cristobal brought up an image of a woman in her late 20s, with strikingly beautiful white hair, high cheekbones, and green eyes. "Is Marie Thomsdottir. She's been with us for about four years. We came in together actually. Misha Repin recruited us. She's got good access to information too, but...I don't know.

"None of these seem right to me. What do you think?"

SWFans.Net Poster

This one goes up to 11.
    AKA
    Morg
    Milivikal looked up at Kazaar slowly. Milivikal had no intention of interrogating someone. She reached down and placed her hand around the dagger's hilt. She gave it a yank, and it pulled free from the wood and the woman's hand.

"And do what? Her foot is crushed. She will need medical attention, or she will die." Mili explained. Kazaar poked the woman's boot with his foot. She howled.

"Allright." He said, and pushed the table off "Starborn." Milivikal wiped her blade on the edge of the table while Kazaar picked up the dazed woman.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked between sobs.

"Medbay. Gray says you need it, and I ain't keen on arguin' with her." Behind him, Milivikal smirked.

Once at the medbay, the reception droid greeted them.

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency."

"Stab wound, right hand. Crushed left foot." Milivikal explained.

"Crushed?" The droid asked.

"Crushed flat." Milivikal added.

"I am paging the staff. A doctor will be here shortly. Please put her on the nearest empty bed." Kazaar looked over his shoulder. There was a narrow wheeled bed. They were cheaper than repulsorbeds, and worked well enough.

Cavalier
    "Starborn" continued to glance around as if she wasn't quite hearing or understanding everything. She knew something was wrong but couldn't figure out what was going on. Her head was spinning and she wasn't sure where she was.

Her mind drifted back to primal instincts and her training.

When captured. Escape. If you cannot escape do not allow them to interrogate you..

She had a choice...and she took it.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

"Krasst." Kazaar swore as th'Imp's face suddenly went white, then blue. Damned Imp decided t'take th'easy way out. Normally, he wouldn't' givva frack 'bout an Imp committin' suicide, a dead Imp was o'dead Imp. But with all th'plottin' and schemin' going 'round, it was easier t'know why th'hell she'd decided t'smuggle 'erself into th'meeting.

Lotta frackin' unanswered questions goin' 'round. Kazaar had t'smirk as th'Imp went still and 'er vital signs crashed.

"If she wanted t'die. I coulda just frackin' shot 'er."

Mon Calamari

'The Black Man' and Razien walked down three flights of stairs before exiting onto a large sky bridge between two of the floating city's buildings. Both Rebels were impressed by the size and scope of the city and the uniqueness of the buildings themselves. The buildings were made in an almost coral-like fashion, with the occasional outcropping which at first seemed out of place, then made perfect sense as the rest of the structure was revealed. Everything had its purpose. And that was what 'Othniel' appreciated the most.

"How serious is the threat?" Razien asked once they came to the other side of the bridge.

"Very." Othniel's eyes kept a look out for any hidden danger, even if there was none. "The Empire didn't hastily throw this operation together. From what I gather, they've been planning this ever since you took the reigns of the Alliance after Mon Mothma's death."

Razien did his best to keep his face stoic. He'd known the danger from the beginning, when he first joined the Alliance and was taken under the Mothma's wing. Everyone was a traitor one way or another. Now the danger was becoming even more apparent. "What do you suggest?"

"Cancel your meetings. Wait until I call for you."

Razien shook his head. "I can't do that Cambyses. These are important meetings."

"Send someone in your stead Razien. Someone who can act as you."

The Chief of State gave a soothing smile. "You know I cannot do that. Some negotitations have to be done by me. We all know the risks. Especially me."

'Othniel/Cambyses' nodded. "Very well. I'll keep your informed. And we'll be on the look out for Secretary Harrison as well. I hear he's missing."

"It's not like Walt to disappear without notice. Keep me informed."

The Director's comlink suddenly *chirped*. "Yes."

"We need you to return to the Hope for Change. We have a dead gronk on board. Gray and Blonde are connected."

"Very well. I will return shortly." 'Othniel' nodded his farewell to Razien and headed back to the starport. Minutes later he was in the atmosphere headed back to a world he enjoyed much more than playing politics.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If I have to clean up Kazaar after a drunken night of binge drinking one more time there will be HELL to pay!

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago Cristobal View Post
    "None of these seem right to me. What do you think?"
    Estelle didn't look up, but instead she remained fixed on the screen before her, "We will look at all of them" she said decisively and a certain coldness crept into her voice, "As of now, they are under the strongest suspicion as being toxic. Needless to say that this remains Priority-Black Classified." Santiago noted with irony that she had said it anyway, and quite pointedly.

Santiago Cristobal
    "Of course." Santiago agreed, despite Estelle's strange ability to sound like her boss. "We'll need two teams. The Black Man can probably help with the other team."

He glanced up and smiled. "When do we go?"

"Y-you?" Estelle seemed almost taken aback by Cristobal's offer. But she covered it well and looked quite cute doing so.

"Why not?" He smiled. "I have field experience and I do like going out from time to time. It could be fun to be out in the field again.

"If." Another smile. "You'll have me of course."

Before Estelle could answer, her comlink chimed. She gave an almost embarrassed smile and took a step or two back. "This is Russard."

"Agent." 'Othniel's' deep voice rumbled. "Status report."

"Agent Cristobal and I have made a little progress on the messages." She answered honestly. "The name 'Thomsdottir' keeps popping up. I was going to investigate it."

"There are four Thomsdottirs in the fleet." Estelle somehow wasn't surprised 'The Black Man' knew that. "Who would you like to track down?"
    Last edited by The Black Man; May 2nd, 2009 at 11:37:21 AM. Reason: four not five. oops

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If the decision were hers, she'd have Cristobal along in a heartbeat - but given the motives for wanting him there, Estelle thought it probably just as well she didn't get to make the choice. Was it warm in this room all a sudden?

"I'll be in touch" she said evasively and disconnecting from Othniel moved to leave. Santiago stood close bringing them to stand toe-to-toe. Russard felt suddenly awkward and gangly and had no place to put her hands. She stuffed them into her pockets for lack of options.

"Good then" he grinned down at her, understanding that their meeting was ajourned.

"Thanks for your help" she said, willing her feet to move but they felt like lead and her mouth had gone dry.

"Was there something else?" He asked, his grin broadening a little further.

"What? No. Thanks. Best be off" she hadn't moved, for some stupid reason she couldn't. Her mind was whirring to think of some parting comment to say, something witty, but none was forthcoming. Hm, he smelled good and she couldn't be sure, but were they freckles beneath his eyes? There was an annoying beep coming from somewhere.

"You gonna respond to that?" Santigo broke into her thoughts.

"Hm?" she blinked.

"Your comm. You should answer it - might be your boss."

It took another blink before Russard woke up. She pulled her comm up and opened it.

"Where th'frack are ya an' whats takin'---?"

Estelle shut it off quickly, cutting her partner's abrasive tirade in half.

"Gotta go. Thanks again for this" she gestured to the data screens with a wave.

Russard left the Communications Hub and quickstepped it to join up with her partner and Mili. Sadly, she realized, she'd failed to come up with anything memorable to say as she'd left Cristobal standing, watching after her. After a time, her thoughts turned back to purpose again and she wondered what the earlier alarms had been all about.
    Last edited by Estelle Russard; May 2nd, 2009 at 04:57:53 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Gamer IDs

"Th'frack was that allah 'bout." Kazaar glared at th'comlink.

"What?" Milivikal quirked a thin eyebrow towards him, as they sat in the small private office.

Kazaar shook 'is head. "Kid shut off th'comm before I could finish m'sentence." He tried it again, this time gettin' nothin' at all.

Frackin' hell. Bad 'nough Othy'd called b'fore demanding t'know what th'hell'd gone on between Birdy'n 'Starborn'. When Kazaar explained it, he only heard a muffled 'Ah' 'n no frackin' explanation after that. Frackin' black ops. Now th'Kid was actin' all goofy, like she's swallowed a buncha o'marbles're something 'n wasn't able t'act th'way she was supposed to. Frackin' dames. Never could figure 'em out.

"Perhaps she was unable to speak."

That gotta snort. "Then why th'frack do ya answer th'damn comm? If ya can't talk then don't frackin' answer." Th'Rebel agent stuck a cigar in 'is mouth'n took a puff. "Frackin' dames."

He shook 'is head. "Ya don't make any frackin' sense t'me."

The office doors swished open before Milivikal could answer, letting a very annoyed 'Othniel' enter.

"'ey Othy." He could see Kazaar's smirk through the cigar smoke. "Decide t'come from ya little powwow t'join--"

"Quiet Kazaar." The Black Man's eyes were about as narrowed as they could get. "I want to know what happened during k'Vik's meeting with Starborn."

"Pretty frackin' simple Othy." It was Kazaar again who spoke, a lazy smile on his face. "Starborn, wasn't Starborn. Some Imperial agent who tried t'take o'shot at Birdy, but got snuffed instead. Birdy kept 'er cool. Almost got 'er head blown off by a buncha trigger happy Rebs who thought she was th'bad guy. C'mon, Othy, ya can't fault Birdy f'that."

"Then why is 'Starborn' dead?"

Again Kazaar. "Killed 'erself. Got some kinda fake tooth with poison innit. What ya shocked by that? Didn't think 'bout givin' it t'ya agents now are ya?"

"No. We just disavow them. Especially the loose cannons." Kazaar smirked at 'The Black Man's' joke.

"Cute. Real frackin' cute."

'The Black Man' turned towards Milivikal, who had remained quiet during the exchange, watching both with interest. "You agree with Agent Kazaar's assessment?"
    Last edited by The Black Man; May 17th, 2009 at 12:26:21 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Estelle entered the room unobtrusively behind the Black Man, tuning into the tail end of the conversation. She hadn't heard Kazaar's assessment but assumed correctly they had been speaking of the reason for the earlier alarms.

Standing just a little behind Othniel she waited for Mili to put voice to her take on things, hoping to be brought quickly up to speed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast