Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Our Future Imperfect

TheHolo.Net Poster

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Jenny
    There was a delay in his reaction, as if he hadn't quite heard what she'd said. A very faint frown creased his brow. He had never wanted to be a father; a child would simply not have fit into the life he had been leading. Now, however, everything was beginning to change. Little cogs were turning in his mind. A child, an heir...

All of a sudden, he was laughing and sat up to take her face in his hands, placing quick kisses on her lips.

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    Both Razielle's dark brows shot up in disbelief. That was not the reaction she'd been fearing! Covering his hands with her own, her lips twisted into a curious grin.

"You aren't upset?"

She had no idea how he could not be, given the situation. She was having his child, sure.. but she still had to marry Tristan!

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    He fell back to the ground, his arms spread wide apart as if he were exulting the dark sky. He was laughing still, softer now, but the broad grin remained – an expression of uninhibited elation and relief, unlike anything Razielle had seen him show before. Everything was falling into place.

Upset? Why would I be upset? This is fantastic!”

TheHolo.Net Poster

Sometimes I think about having you executed, just to see the expression on your face!

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    "Oh my... this is it, isn't it?", she said with mock horror.

Leaning forward she folded her arms on his chest and rested her chin on them, regarding him carefully with a teasing, yet still slightly uncomprehending gaze.

"I've finally driven you daft?"

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Was he delirious? It was difficult to say. Salem's emotions were usually so perfectly controlled, so expertly concealed, that when one finally did show it came gushing out like the torrents of a river no longer dammed. He pushed his hands back through his dark hair and breathed deeply, his smile triumphant.

Our child... don't you see? Don't you understand what this means?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    Maybe she didn't have Salem's scope for future events, but all she could see was the she was going to be bearing a child with the man she loved, whilst married to someone else..

She shook her head slightly, still laying atop his chest. "Tell me..."

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “The Queen Mother will think the child is of her bloodline. We need only eliminate Ishara and her brood... and the throne of Consortium is ours. Our child will reign sovereign over hundreds of worlds, billions people!”

To his mind, there couldn't have been a more fortunate moment for this news to come.

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    Razielle went very still as the implications sank in. She sat up, once more and then slowly a grin started to form on her face. Getting rid of Ishara and her offspring meant there was nothing stopping her from being with Salem. Their child would rule all of the Consortium, and until he, or she came of age, they would rule as regents...

Elation sweapt through her from head to toe and suddenly she was smiling, feeling as ridiculously pleased as Salem probably just had upon piecing it togther himself.

With a breathless little laugh, she tucked her hair behind her and leaned down to cover him with kisses.. "I think I might actually be able to go through with this debacle of a marriage, after all..."
    Last edited by Razielle Alastor; Jun 4th, 2008 at 09:50:47 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Think of it as a minor hurdle on the road to perfection. We'll have the boy-Prince packed off to some far-off world and, in due time, all memory of him will fade.”

Salem drew in a breath, trying to calm himself. The feeling of exhilaration was threatening to consume him. It was just all too perfect.

“There'll be nothing left to hold us apart... nothing left to keep us from our dreams.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

DragonCon 09

AKA
    Erin
    Deliriously happy, Razielle snuggled down against him again, running her hands down his arms to his hands. Visions of a future where she no longer had to play 'pretend Princess' and dote upon ridiculous people who meant nothing to her. A future where she could drop it all and aspire to be - dare she even put the thought into words? - Lady Ave, and nothing else.. Living just to be with him and further their mutual goals and ambitions, watching their child grow to rule over everything and command....

With a desirous groan, she rolled onto her back on the ground which was carpeted only by soft moss, and leaves which tangled in her long dark hair, like the ornamentation of some wood sprite..

She pulled him with her, over her, down to her and claimed his mouth with a soul stirring kiss, visions of their future still flitting happily through her mind..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456